FiiO F5- Aerospace Titanium Diaphragm In-ear Monitor
Jun 17, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #226 of 451
The adapter is not "huge" at all - it adds an overall cable length of around 4 inches.

Try it out and let us know if it works for you! :right_facing_fist: (brown fistbump)

Have you tried using the balanced cables with any other iem you have?

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #227 of 451
Have you tried using the balanced cables with any other iem you have?
No, and I am apprehensive to do so, because different housing connectors and cables with connectors from different manufacturers carry different tolerances, meaning there is a chance that IEM connectors can weaken faster than with only pairing with the manufacturer's cables and connectors. Maybe I can use the F5's balanced cable with a low cost IEM that I have called the GranVela V6 in the future just for giggles, I suppose.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #228 of 451
No, and I am apprehensive to do so, because different housing connectors and cables with connectors from different manufacturers carry different tolerances, meaning there is a chance that IEM connectors can weaken faster than with only pairing with the manufacturer's cables and connectors. Maybe I can use the F5's balanced cable with a low cost IEM that I have called the GranVela V6 in the future just for giggles, I suppose.

Of course i meant low cost iems. I wouldn't ask you to try them on TOTL ones. Please do let me know when you end up trying them.

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #229 of 451
Of course i meant low cost iems. I wouldn't ask you to try them on TOTL ones. Please do let me know when you end up trying them.
I try my best to never assume when replying to someone - you could have meant literally any IEM (since that is what was written), and since zero were specified for me to use.

I'll add in the V6/F5 balanced cable compared to the F5 SE cable to my review in the future. Be on the lookout for it!

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #230 of 451
Aye aye Sir
I try my best to never assume when replying to someone - you could have meant literally any IEM (since that is what was written), and since zero were specified for me to use.

I'll add in the V6/F5 balanced cable compared to the F5 SE cable to my review in the future. Be on the lookout for it!

Aye Aye Sir, i will. And apologies for the vagueness. Guilty as charged.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #231 of 451
LRG_DSC07255.JPG

Just got my f5s and testing them out with some Coltrane! So far they sound good, a little boomy with the bass but nothing too out of control :)

Not really sure what the issue with the cable would be, just hooked up my se846 and it worked like it should and sounds good too :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #232 of 451

Just got my f5s and testing them out with some Coltrane! So far they sound good, a little boomy with the bass but nothing too out of control :)

Not really sure what the issue with the cable would be, just hooked up my se846 and it worked like it should and sounds good too :wink:

congratulation!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 20, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #235 of 451
@Dobrescu George How do you like? I'm waiting for mine to show up.

The sound is warm, smooth, the mids are warm, enthusiastic and sweet, the bass is really good, goes quite low and it is well controlled while being strong, while the top end is smooth and very polite. The sound I listen to usually is brighter and drier, but F5 is really enjoyable with its original signature, especially with songs that you want to sound friendly.

My wife is in love with the sound of F5 - she told me that she will be getting them the moment I finish writing my review.

Excellent compatibility with party music, happy songs (acoustic, pop, K-pop, J-pop), electronic, dance, and bass-driven music.

Most listeners will fall in love with F5 at first listen actually, it is a very popular type of sound that goes well with the large group of average listeners.

Definitely have to commend FiiO's efforts on including so many useful extras in the box and for including balanced cables! Many people wrote before that F5 sounds much better balanced, but I'm still waiting for a balanced DAP to arrive (have a few coming over, )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back