FiiO EX1 world tour--open for application now! (1st round member list announced)
Oct 24, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #136 of 161
It's interesting to read people's thoughts on these. Repeated descriptions calling them bright is what kept me away for quite awhile.

For a lot of us in our forties and up, these won't be bright. They certainly weren't too bright for me.

I suppose younger headfi'ers are more likely to call them bright...

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #142 of 161
Cool, we're on the same wavelength regarding that.

You should join our T3 & T5 tour, man
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome. I'm already on it :D [Edit: by on it I mean I posted in the thread, not on the tour] ( http://www.head-fi.org/t/785565/dunu-titan-3-titan-5-us-canada-impressions-review-tour#post_12020299 )

Oct 28, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #146 of 161
  Look what arrived at my place today.... :)

Thanks to @Joe Bloggs for arranging the tour. And thanks to @ezekiel77 for sending it to me. 7 days of trial will start from tomorrow as it is already pretty late here. 

Hey areek, I'm pretty sure Joe emailed me and said we had an extension for 10 days with review models but he may chime in
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #148 of 161
@Podster that's even better. Although 7 days is OK too

I don't know, by the third day I was thinking does Joe really need these back
eek.gif
LOL

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #149 of 161
After waiting for a month or so, finally I have received my pair of EX1 that I ordered through Ali Express!! First impression (right out of the box) - clear, wide sound-stage, good bass quality!! Been listening to it with my X5 and loving the way it sounds!! 

For those of you using X5 with the EX1, what volume setting are you listening to in low gain? (Just to see if am listening to it in too high volume! Mine is at around 50/120, going upto 65/120 in some tracks).

One small issue - the side of the EX1 casing touches my ear in an awkward angle and pains a bit. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #150 of 161
  After waiting for a month or so, finally I have received my pair of EX1 that I ordered through Ali Express!! First impression (right out of the box) - clear, wide sound-stage, good bass quality!! Been listening to it with my X5 and loving the way it sounds!! 

For those of you using X5 with the EX1, what volume setting are you listening to in low gain? (Just to see if am listening to it in too high volume! Mine is at around 50/120, going upto 65/120 in some tracks).

One small issue - the side of the EX1 casing touches my ear in an awkward angle and pains a bit. 

I used an X5ii, so I don't know how closely it relates (you said X5, so I'm assuming first gen).  I listened anywhere from 30-50 most of the time.  I cranked it up to 60-65 briefly a couple times, but didn't keep it there long.  

If you turn them slightly while they are in you ears it will slightly change where that edge hits your ear.  May help with that discomfort.  I noticed that same thing, but only after multiple hours wearing them.  I turned them slightly and it went away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back