FiiO E7 opinions
Jun 6, 2013 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hifi Man

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased the FiiO E7 for 60 bucks used on amazon. I haven't really seen any opinions on this amplifier. I use a pair of sennheiser HD 558 and AKG K240 headphones, and I assume this would suit those well, but would the E17 or E07K be a better option? Or am I fine and should just save the money?

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 5
I have the E7 and the E17 and i find the 17 more capable of driving my Grado SR325is and sounds better with improved openness and sound stage given it's gain settings but to tell you the truth before I heard the E17 I was quite happy with the E7 and still have it hooked up to my macbook pro for it's DAC while watching movies at home but for music I tote my E17 and 30 gig photo ipod with my Westone um2's   

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I have the E7 and the E17 and i find the 17 more capable of driving my Grado SR325is and sounds better with improved openness and sound stage given it's gain settings but to tell you the truth before I heard the E17 I was quite happy with the E7 and still have it hooked up to my macbook pro for it's DAC while watching movies at home but for music I tote my E17 and 30 gig photo ipod with my Westone um2's   

Are you comparing the original E7 with the E17 or the updated E07K?

Many thanks,
K

Jun 12, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
The original E7

Ah, ok.

I was asking because I have both the original E7 and the E07K and must say there is difference in soundstage and clarity. The E07K is better, cleaner and of course offers more flexibility with the different settings of the EQ.

It's not a huge difference but it's noticable. Now the next for me would be to check with the L7 if the DAC section has a different sound as well or if the sound changes are purely in the amp section.

But yes, the E07K and the E17 are a better choice than the E7. However the E7 is not bad at all. So if you have the E7 already (the OP) I would stick with it for some time and if at all upgrade to the E17 or a proper desktop system.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back