FiiO E6 - Quality and Reliabilty?
May 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CheiseG

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I've read good things about the FiiO E6 on various threads, but it appears that users on Amazon are having issues (most notably counterfeit models being sold):  http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E6-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B005HJWWW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369078284&sr=8-1&keywords=Fiio+E6

I was this close to buying it, but figured I'd ask here on Head-Fi for everyone's thoughts and/or recommendations.

Thanks!

May 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Greetings,

I've read good things about the FiiO E6 on various threads, but it appears that users on Amazon are having issues (most notably counterfeit models being sold):  http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E6-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B005HJWWW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369078284&sr=8-1&keywords=Fiio+E6

I was this close to buying it, but figured I'd ask here on Head-Fi for everyone's thoughts and/or recommendations.

Thanks!

The E6 is a good starter amp.  You will notice an improvement in all aspects of the sound.  Especially the bass.  Some of the EQ's muddy up the sound but, a few on it are very good.  The battery life is so-so.  I got around 8-9 hours charge each time.

But I'm pretty positive that you'll want to upgrade after you get the E6.  I've since upgraded to a C&C BH amp and it's better than the E6.  It makes the E6 sound hollow and empty.  Plus the 80-90 hour battery life truly spoils me.

But for a first amp to test out the waters, the E6 is a good choice.

If you do decide to get it, check out the "more buying choices" on the right.  Micca Distributor and Head-Direct are authorized sellers so you don't have to worry about counterfeit amps.  There's a thread floating around on which sellers are authorized Fiio sellers.  You should take a look at that.

Finally, this is a shameless plug but, I'm selling the E6.  If you're interested, let me know.  
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back