FiiO E6 - Portable Headphone Amplifier
Oct 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

samu

Head-Fier
tumblr_inline_muk1t63ZeR1qd77y0.jpg

This is my very first headphone amplifier. It's a FiiO E6. 

tumblr_inline_muk1z9fbyd1qd77y0.jpg
tumblr_inline_muk21fcVQQ1qd77y0.jpg

tumblr_inline_muk27z5iWX1qd77y0.jpg

What's inside? As you can see:
  • The device itself
  • An USB charging cable
  • A short 3.5 mm L-shaped Aux cable
  • A 90 cm 3.5 mm regular Aux cable.
  • A pair of plastic clips.
  • Introduction manual & warranty card

HOW'S IT WORKING 
o2smile.gif

As you finish charging it for around 2 hours, you can turn it on with a sliding button in the left side an hold it for a second. Blue led in the corner will turned on indicating that the device is on. 

At the back there is a small LED hole indicating the EQ type. You can change it by sliding the button up. I guess there is 4 type of EQ:

1. No LED. Means the device just transmitting and amplify the power so you can use your 'heavy' headphones (for example Sennheiser HD800, with 300 ohm impedance, not really sure if it able to drive the baby 
bigsmile_face.gif
 ) with your iPod or smartphones.

2. First slide, RED. I guess it is a Low EQ that amplify your base. It doesn't really push the base too far, but you will notice a raise especially in a higher frequencies of base.
3. Second slide, BLUE. I guess it is a Mid EQ. But to be honest, I can't really found a distinct sounds as expected from an amplifier.
4. Third slide, MAGENTA. It is recessed the sounds so that I have to volume up for this EQ. As well, I can't really found a distinct sounds as expected.
For notes, I am using this FiiO E6 with my Sennheiser HD 429 & Lumia 720.

Anyway, it just a first impression review, I might get a better view later 
L3000.gif

Thinking about buying the E11 as well.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the quick review. Im getting one this week.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a nice product 
k701smile.gif
 Compared with the E3 which totally disgrace to the brand 
tongue_smile.gif

Well, that E6 is a random buy tough so in the end I don't really using it, because even it is very portable and have a long battery life, still not as much hassle less compared if you plug it directly to the source. I might wait to use it with heavier headphones.
*thinking about buying FiiO DAC 

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 4
  It's a nice product 
k701smile.gif
 Compared with the E3 which totally disgrace to the brand 
tongue_smile.gif

Well, that E6 is a random buy tough so in the end I don't really using it, because even it is very portable and have a long battery life, still not as much hassle less compared if you plug it directly to the source. I might wait to use it with heavier headphones.
*thinking about buying FiiO DAC 

So I got one today. It is really a small wonder. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back