Fiio E5 direct connection to iPod
Jan 27, 2010 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Cpl Ledanek

New Head-Fier
I introduced the E5 to a friend who has the Classic iPod coz he never heard of the E5.

He was just wondering why not someone (maybe from Fiio) just create a direct connection to the iPod vs getting a LOD in between devices?

I had to pause there for a second. That makes so much more sense.

Wondering if that discussion ever came about.
atsmile.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 14
The FiiO LOD can be bought for under £7. It is a portable amp that can be used with other mp3 players and from a PC. Attaching the LOD restricts its use to an ipod.

Jan 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 14
I guess in a business standpoint it doesn't make sense to isolate the other mp3 players.

Maybe, what my friend was saying is, what if the LOD is more like the iPod Clip (the one that resembles the E5), so this way it would just attach to the bottom of the iPod, no wires. It would like an extension.

Like those Belkin FM tuner.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 14
Like said above, the FiiO E1. It can control the ipod as a remote as well, but I already own an E5 + FiiO LOD so not worth it for me..

Jan 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 14
The E1 is really compact, but it doesn't have any bass boost.

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 14
I got a little lost is the E1 basically the same as the E5 (aside from how it connects ) as in sound quality. I am going to get a E5 in the next week or so and was looking at an E1 but wasn't sure if it would be as good as an E5. This will be the first step into any kind amp's for my iPod touch 2G. and have been trying to find out some info.

Mar 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 14
E5 does come with 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable so you don't need to buy it (unless of course you want the exotic variety). If you are using iPod, you might want to use a LOD (line-out dock) for better SQ. You can find LOD as low as $10 on eBay these days.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearlgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgive my ignorance, but can I use an E5 without any additional cables, or do I need something in addition to the player, the E5, and headphones?

only the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable that comes with the Fiio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back