FiiO E18 Review
Sep 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #436 of 449
A
actually not completely understand

What are your sources? You mentioned a DAP, how about a laptop or smartphone?
The power requirements for the Amp depends on headphone's sensitivity as well as impedance.
In case you don't understand:
Music is from a digital source (laptop, smartphone) and must be converted to analog before it can be amplified and sent to the headphones. A DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) does this. A DAP, laptop or smartphone is a complete system. Most people consider that the DAC and Amp in their smartphone or laptop to be deficient an seek to use external DACs and Amps. Hence the use of an E18, E17, Q1, etc.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #438 of 449
Well I will need an DAC . so which is the best amp+DAC for a first timer?

Again that depends on what headphone(s) you are intending to use and what will be connecting to the DAC. Some android devices don't play nice with an external DAC and require some thinking as how to use them.
I have an E18 and use it successfully with my Windoze laptop, various Android devices as well as an Apple 5th Gen Touch. For a combo DAC/Amp the Amp section has a pretty fair share of power. It can even drive my power hungry planar headphone, however, in this case a little more power would be nice. Most people don't have planar headphones nor would use them in a portable setting,

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #439 of 449
Well I will need an DAC . so which is the best amp+DAC for a first timer?

The E18 will do very well for you.And it's current price is even better for beginners.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #441 of 449
Jan 9, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #444 of 449
Hello guys
I want to ask about
"Use the Kunlun as DAC for Android-phone."
When i use kunlun as dac for my android phone, does kunlun use its own power or kunlun absorb power supply from my phone?

Thanks

Jan 9, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #445 of 449
Hello guys
I want to ask about
"Use the Kunlun as DAC for Android-phone."
When i use kunlun as dac for my android phone, does kunlun use its own power or kunlun absorb power supply from my phone?

Thanks

The Kunlun E18 uses its own power (built in battery) and does not draw power from the phone. Alternatively, the Kunlun E18 can act as a power bank and charge your phone if you enable that feature. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #447 of 449
Wondering if this is a real upgrade from a K1 for 1More Triple drivers mostly or other Multi-driver IEM's.
I'm just using it basically stationary with my laptop so I don't really care about the portable aspect of it.

This does have a Burr-Brown DAC though so it should sound better than the K1 which has a lesser DAC (but also of the same type).

I'm also looking at some Panasonic HD-10s but they are only 18ohm

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #449 of 449
Any recommendation on USB-C to microUSB cable or adapter that works between E18 and android phone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back