FiiO E18 Review
Feb 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #421 of 449
The FiiO website says 150ohm but the E18 manual says 300ohm.  A few Amazon reviewers said that it works great for Beyerdynamics DT-770 250 ohms, 250 ohm beyerdynamic dt990, and even Sennheiser 650s 300ohm.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #422 of 449
Yes, E12 is only an amp. so what is the source ? DAP or smartphone ? if it is a DAP with line out (LO), them you will not need an DAC,  if it is a iPhone or other Android phone, you need an DAC or you should find a DAC/AMP like an E18, so maybe a Mojo can meet your requirement. 

Ok thank you very much. Yes it would be a smartphone. Galaxy Note 4.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #423 of 449
Ok thank you very much. Yes it would be a smartphone. Galaxy Note 4.

There are alwasy some compatible issues with Andriod phone when it works as source connects with an DAC,  maybe NOTE4+E18+E12 can help you but it is too complex. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 15, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #424 of 449
Hi, so I got my E18 few days ago. Running it with Verizon SG 5. Phone connected to E18 DAC right away - no problems at all. I'm running Spotify and Tidal on it. I do hear quite a bit of EM noise, unless I switch into airplane mode. Noise level is also higher than I was hoping for. What others are experiencing as far as noise and EM interference? I'm using Beyerdynamics DT990 32 Ohm with it.  

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #425 of 449
Did anyone combine this with a cheap Android phone for a flexible, well-sounding DAP with nice controls? I am thinking of doing just that. Touchscreen controls + Android flexibility just beats the crap out of the proprietary firmwares and hard buttons/wheels which most DAPs sport.

btw, it's actually pretty sad that Android DAPs are so ridiculously overpriced, when other manufacturers can churn out Android phones for less than a $100.

Sep 14, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #426 of 449
  Did anyone combine this with a cheap Android phone for a flexible, well-sounding DAP with nice controls? I am thinking of doing just that. Touchscreen controls + Android flexibility just beats the crap out of the proprietary firmwares and hard buttons/wheels which most DAPs sport.

btw, it's actually pretty sad that Android DAPs are so ridiculously overpriced, when other manufacturers can churn out Android phones for less than a $100.

I'm in the same boat myself. I might get an iphone though. However, wondering if getting this will make better sense because some claim that the SQ is better than X5 which, if true, is a damn good reason to just get one anyway. I'm not too bothered with the EMI because I usually don't use phone much and sometime, to enjoy music in peace, I switch off data. :) Not to mention the new Q5 and it's rumored 250$ price-point for a much higher-tier sound. I think somebody even said, similar to X7 but don't quote me on this.

I think, its the economies of scale that dictate the price. And more-over for most android daps sellers, it is very new and they might need some more sales and models to break even in terms of their software investment. Once that happens, we can hope for about 30% price drop in price. In few years (3-4 yrs), I'm guessing andoird touch daps should be as cheap as the phone counter-parts.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #432 of 449
well I have to buy one. I am confused between fiio q1,e12,e17and e18. My source will be laptop, phone and a fiio dap.

Well the DAP already has a DAC and Amp. Just make sure its Amp has enough power for your headphones.
Some laptops have decent audio, I suspect that most do not, so a DAC/Amp plugged into the laptop's USB port would be good.
The Q1, E17 and E18 are DAC/Amps. Do you know what a DAC does?
For my use the Q1 does not have enough power, I prefer and own an E18. I also own an E12.
Which phone do you have? To use an external DAC the phone must support USB Audio, or in some cases there are player apps that can do this for you.

Sep 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #433 of 449
Well the DAP already has a DAC and Amp. Just make sure its Amp has enough power for your headphones.
Some laptops have decent audio, I suspect that most do not, so a DAC/Amp plugged into the laptop's USB port would be good.
The Q1, E17 and E18 are DAC/Amps. Do you know what a DAC does?
For my use the Q1 does not have enough power, I prefer and own an E18. I also own an E12.
Which phone do you have? To use an external DAC the phone must support USB Audio, or in some cases there are player apps that can do this for you.
My headphones are just 50ohms

Sep 22, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #434 of 449
My headphones are just 50ohms

What phone (smartphone) are you using, Which model headphone, impedance alone doesn't dictate the power requirements. Also, do you understand what a DAC does and how it fits in the chain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back