FiiO E18 Review
Dec 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #346 of 449
  Interesting - I looked but couldn't find a suitable cable anywhere - even thought about  trying to make one.

What did you do about the crazy thick black straps across your phone screen?

When on the go, I put my stuff in a carry bag, so I don't use the stupid rubber bands since I don't stack the phone and E18. I got a cable that is a little longer than what FiiO supplies.

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #347 of 449
you have a link? I've been looking for something like that too...

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #348 of 449
  you have a link? I've been looking for something like that too...

I use something similar to the below along with a short USB cable that came with a samsung gadget I bought some time ago.
http://www.amazon.com/LIFETIME-WARRANTY-Electronics-Micro-Cable/dp/B005GGBYJ4

I also found an OTG Y cable that I could attach an external USB battery. You can find all sorts of stuff on Amazon.

There's a thread on Head-Fi about using Android deevices and DACs, You can probably search through there for cables that others have found to be useful. It is a long thread......
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #349 of 449
I have an OTG like that already, the one the comes with the Fiio though both ends have a micro USB end if I'm not mistaken, cable like that with an Lshaped elbow on one end is what would be needed with a bit longer length, and I thought you have one of those.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #350 of 449
  I have an OTG like that already, the one the comes with the Fiio though both ends have a micro USB end if I'm not mistaken, cable like that with an Lshaped elbow on one end is what would be needed with a bit longer length, and I thought you have one of those.

I plug a short USB cable with a micro USB for the E18 and Type A into the OTG cable.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #353 of 449
Finally, after the upgrade that Fiio has already announced for January 15th, this device is going to be even better. I expect them to fix the little quality control issues they are having at this point. I will definitely be selling mine to get the new version.

What upgrade is this?  

There's a Massdrop right now offering the E18 for $135 delivered, and your comment makes me nervous about jumping on it... what details are known?

Jan 3, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #354 of 449
Jan 3, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #355 of 449
  I plug a short USB cable with a micro USB for the E18 and Type A into the OTG cable.

Right, a method I seek to avoid.

Jan 3, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #356 of 449

What upgrade is this?  

There's a Massdrop right now offering the E18 for $135 delivered, and your comment makes me nervous about jumping on it... what details are known?

Yeah I'm on the massdrop too but for the lowest price, I doubt it will be met at this point. Nonetheless I share your concern anyone with details please spill the beans. :wink:

Jan 3, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #357 of 449

Right, a method I seek to avoid.

I don't sandwich as I dislike the rubber bands. The small extra length is handy as I put my stuff in a bag (not paper lol) and use the playback controls on the E18. I hope you can find the cable you're looking for and it will last far longer than FiiO's little slip of a cable.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #358 of 449
When I connect my Htc m8 to E18 Amps only section, the bass seems tighter and vocal sound more brighter. If i use it DAC and Amp together, I don't get the sound like the amp instead. But just a bit more clarity. Is this suppose to be normal? As using the DAC would also involve in using its own amp as well.

Feb 4, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #359 of 449
The line out of the phone is probably altered by some tone control or eq setting. Also the output impedance could also alter the fr especially the bass ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back