FiiO E17 with 250 ohm Headphones
Aug 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JaCh

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking about getting some 250 ohm Beyerdynamic headphones and a FiiO E17.
Will this DAC/AMP be powerful enough to drive the headphones well?
(I would like to be able to use them on my desktop pc for gaming and music but also for portable mp3 players and my laptop.)
Thanks

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 6
I've read that the E17 can drive headphones up to 300 ohms but I don't know weather that is at a reasonable volume.
If anybody has any experience with headphones of this resistance with the E17 I would be very interested in their personal opinions. :)
Thanks

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I've read that the E17 can drive headphones up to 300 ohms but I don't know weather that is at a reasonable volume.
If anybody has any experience with headphones of this resistance with the E17 I would be very interested in their personal opinions. :)
Thanks

My Fiio E11 can decently drive my 250-Ohm headphones and I believe the E17's amp. is almost as good as the E11's.

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
My Fiio E11 can decently drive my 250-Ohm headphones and I believe the E17's amp. is almost as good as the E11's.

Thanks, I think I read somewhere that the E17 has the same/very similar amp to the E11 but with the added DAC and ability to charge whilst in use.
And by decently do you mean that that is the setup you use normally or that you have tried it and it's not as good as what you normally use? :)

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Thanks, I think I read somewhere that the E17 has the same/very similar amp to the E11 but with the added DAC and ability to charge whilst in use.
And by decently do you mean that that is the setup you use normally or that you have tried it and it's not as good as what you normally use? :)

It would be loud enough for normal use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back