Fiio e17 help
Jun 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ahuynh

WARNING: BAD TRADER
I recently bought the e17 amp and after using it I dont really notice any improvement in sound quality so I think I may be using it wrong.  My source is a macbook  pro and im using the Denon d2000s.  I have the usb connected to both the amp and my macbook, my headphones are plugged into the headphone socket of the amp, and the small cable is plugged both into the aux part of the amp as well as the audio port on my mac.  I am in aux input, is that the wrong input to be using?  I tried using usb input but when I switched it to usb input sound wouldnt come out of my headphones.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 3
Plug the USB cable between the E17 and the computer. You do not need the cable between the auxiliary input of the E17 and the audio line out on your computer.

You should be on USB input. Make sure that you select the E17 as your default sound device as well.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #3 of 3
On my PC I can also choose the DAC processing. If this is adjustable also on the MAC then go to the sound section on your control panel and make sure you are using the maximum adjustment of the processing on your Fiio.
Also if you can get a SPDIF/optical cable and then use the Fiio SPDIF in, you will be able to use192k/24bit processing of the Fiio DAC. Is it a huge difference no but definitely a difference that can be heard. it is just clearer using the SPDIF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back