Fiio E17 DAC/Amp (ALPEN) + Fiio E09K Desktop Amp (QOGIR) Pictures, Impressions and Review [UPDATED Feb. 21]
Feb 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 107
Yeah I think I will in a few paychecks haha. Although I think I'll wait because I want to get the most out of these headphones first. I've hardly spent over 6 months with the Senn's haha. =/

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 107
Great review, tons of great information. I recently bought the e17 and I'm using it to run my D5k's and HE-400's and couldn't be happier! Next in line is the e9k to give me that extra kick. Fiio already had a nice little corner in the market but this thing is a world beater. Good luck to all the amp companies out there, they're gonna need it to beat this thing!

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #19 of 107
Quote:
Great review, tons of great information. I recently bought the e17 and I'm using it to run my D5k's and HE-400's and couldn't be happier! Next in line is the e9k to give me that extra kick. Fiio already had a nice little corner in the market but this thing is a world beater. Good luck to all the amp companies out there, they're gonna need it to beat this thing!

Thanks! I appreciate it! I really want to hear your impressions with the HE-400's if you do get the E09K!

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 107
Updated with full review! 
beyersmile.png

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #21 of 107
Nice Job! & Excellent review.

I also have the E17/E09K combo and it is quite a little gem of a unit!

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #22 of 107
Great review! Thanks for telling me about this thread :) I have it narrowed down to the e09k + e17 + LOD/L9 and the Magni/Modi stack. I will let you know if I end up going the Fiio route! The store I planned on buying from is currently out of the e17 though, so that might drive my decision a bit...

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #23 of 107
Quote:

I'm running my HE400s off an E17 too and it works quite well and gets louder than I need. In fact, it blows away my Icon iDo DESKTOP Amp (which cost twice as much)  by a considerable margin. Great little Amp combo, especially considering the price. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #24 of 107
Quote:
Great review! Thanks for telling me about this thread :) I have it narrowed down to the e09k + e17 + LOD/L9 and the Magni/Modi stack. I will let you know if I end up going the Fiio route! The store I planned on buying from is currently out of the e17 though, so that might drive my decision a bit...

Thanks! As much as I love my combo, I do love the idea of the M&M stack as well and would love to get my hands on one when I get back to the states. I don't think you could go wrong with either, but the M&M will be more clean and powerful I bet, down the line with newer headphones.

Where are you from? Can you do Amazon for the Fiio??

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #25 of 107
Quote:
I'm running my HE400s off an E17 too and it works quite well and gets louder than I need. In fact, it blows away my Icon iDo DESKTOP Amp (which cost twice as much)  by a considerable margin. Great little Amp combo, especially considering the price. 

Yeah, as much as people bash Fiio products sometimes, it's hard to beat the versatility and build quality of something like the E17. It may be made in China, but like Hifiman, they are honestly a hard working company with their users in mind. It's nice to see people here take charge and turn the image of Chinese products around.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #26 of 107
Hey guys... picked up the E17/E9K combo to go along with my new AKG K702 Anniversaries.

Is anyone else getting crackling sounds when they have their PC set to a sample rate of 192000hz (24 bit)?

If I go one step down to 96000hz (24 bit) the crackling sound is gone completely... so it definitely has to do with the setting. Anyone know what is causing this?

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #27 of 107
Quote:
Hey guys... picked up the E17/E9K combo to go along with my new AKG K702 Anniversaries.

Is anyone else getting crackling sounds when they have their PC set to a sample rate of 192000hz (24 bit)?

If I go one step down to 96000hz (24 bit) the crackling sound is gone completely... so it definitely has to do with the setting. Anyone know what is causing this?

I'm not exactly sure. I haven't gotten to test the SPDIF In yet because I don't have any optical devices or anything. I keep mine on 24/44 or 24/96. =/

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #28 of 107
I already have the E17 and I am strongly considering getting the E09K as well. One question though, if I was running sound from the USB port on my laptop to the E09K, which port would I use on the back of the E09K to output to speakers whilst my E17 is docked (providing I want to use the E09K volume knob)? The pre-out or the line-out?
Obviously when I want to use headphones I'd simply plug them into the jack on the front...

Apr 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #29 of 107
I already have the E17 and I am strongly considering getting the E09K as well. One question though, if I was running sound from the USB port on my laptop to the E09K, which port would I use on the back of the E09K to output to speakers whilst my E17 is docked (providing I want to use the E09K volume knob)? The pre-out or the line-out?
Obviously when I want to use headphones I'd simply plug them into the jack on the front...

That's great! Regarding your question: it depends on what you want the E09K to do. If you want an amp for your speakers, you can Line Out to them. The Pre-Out, I believe, is just so you can use your E09K/E17 combo as a DAC and just a volume knob Out to a different amplifier, therefore not using the E09K's amp feature. However, I haven't had the chance to test either of those out yet! Hope that helps!

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #30 of 107
So you can't use the E09K's volume knob when using the Line Out? One of the reasons I'm considering this is that I find that when using the L7 line out dock from my E17 the volume just isn't high enough unless I crank up the gain, which I don't want to do. I'm just worried the line out from the E09K will suffer the same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back