FiiO E12 Review
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #346 of 418
Feb 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #349 of 418

Does E12 go well with Fiio X1? Thanks!

Not sure about the X1, but mine (one of them - I have two) lives strapped to an X3, and it's a great combo.
\

+1 picked up the HS15 stacking kit last month and now have a neat little powerhouse combo with no bands going across the X3.

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #350 of 418
The stacking kit is nice.
It was money well spent when I picked up my X5 and E12.
Recommended!

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #352 of 418
Hi audio guys, hope you doing good, just got this item recently, i am a newbie of audiophile stuff gadgets, and i am so pleased to hear music over headphones of sony ma900 right now, that i want take a day off from work and relisten all of the mp3 files in my phone folders ; ) . If i connect headphones to e12, then e12 to pc case line out jack of realtek integrated sound card, is it better or worse than having music played over headphones while connected to smartphone and e12?

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #353 of 418
  Hi audio guys, hope you doing good, just got this item recently, i am a newbie of audiophile stuff gadgets, and i am so pleased to hear music over headphones of sony ma900 right now, that i want take a day off from work and relisten all of the mp3 files in my phone folders ; ) . If i connect headphones to e12, then e12 to pc case line out jack of realtek integrated sound card, is it better or worse than having music played over headphones while connected to smartphone and e12?

If you have everything in place,I suggest you better try yourself as I believe you want to try a desktop setup....

just make sure you set to flat EQ (first) with the PC media player that you gonna use and play some songs, and if you feel it's not what you expected, try on then with custom sliders (custom EQ) to set your taste, if you feel flat EQ didn't yield the result of your taste....

You can level the Vol control on both the PC and E12 to sound smooth but don't SET the PC vol level more than 30-40% (you can increase if you still want) and ADJUST @ the E12 dial....Since it's a 70mm open back HP, hope you will enjoy....again, always set to zero vol on both and keep raising them gradually....

Apr 26, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #356 of 418
hi I just got e12 a few days ago, in fiio site they said its can be used while charging, doesn't that make the internal battery drown ? 

With a large enough charger, it will charge faster than it will drain.

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #357 of 418
Has any1 tried 12 Ohm Sony MA900 with fiio e12? For me it seems like sound is not balanced and boomy, i put closed type 60ohms Motorhead Motorizer on, connecting them with fiio e12 they sound bright, with warm not overpowering bass woa (gives a little wow feeling)

Ma900 sound better with Asus D2 internal card : S

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #358 of 418
  Has any1 tried 12 Ohm Sony MA900 with fiio e12? For me it seems like sound is not balanced and boomy, i put closed type 60ohms Motorhead Motorizer on, connecting them with fiio e12 they sound bright, with warm not overpowering bass woa (gives a little wow feeling)

Ma900 sound better with Asus D2 internal card : S

turn off that bass switch firstly 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #359 of 418
Thanks! Ok, keeping E12 at lower levels, bass: off, ma900 seems to sound nice, actually punchier than Asus D2, but they both are great gadgets for me. What about gain 16dB, should i keep it On? It is on right now, and it was like that on before connecting everything together

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #360 of 418

yeah, that will be up to your ears, but the only possible advantage of the PC option is that the e12 is the only amp in the chain. the phone option on the other hand, has the signal going through the phone's internal amp and then it's re-amped in the e12. hard to say which will sound "better". some think double amping like this is in general undesireable, so that's why i'm giving the edge to the PC route. but again, your ears will tell you what you prefer. it's worth adding that the E12 amp is almost certainly higher quality than the amp in any phone or any other portable music player, but any advantage of using the E12 is perhaps eliminated by having the phone amp ahead of it.

real sound improvements can be achieved by addressing either or all steps in the chain, which are: source material --> DAC --> amplification --> driver (headphones). in your case, i'm guessing the source material is the same (same files are on your PC and phone?). the next step is the DAC, and i'd guess your integrated sound card is of similar quality to the one in your phone. headphones are the same in both cases, so that leaves the amp stage as i described above. but, if you could get a digital signal out of your phone or PC (pre DAC) and send that through a nicer DAC then you might hear some real improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back