Fiio E12 Question regarding Checking Authenticity
Dec 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wayne C

New Head-Fier
I'm considering buying a E12 but am concerned about any fakes out there?, on Ebay Uk a couple of sellers are selling them at £20 cheaper than authorised retailers?, like everyone I like to save a bit of cash here and there. I'm wondering if the serial number on the pack could just be replicated on many stickers and then sold as legit or do Fiio allow the buyer to check once only?, how do they prevent the multiple use of legit serials. Thanks in advance.

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 5
I'm considering buying a E12 but am concerned about any fakes out there?, on Ebay Uk a couple of sellers are selling them at £20 cheaper than authorised retailers?, like everyone I like to save a bit of cash here and there. I'm wondering if the serial number on the pack could just be replicated on many stickers and then sold as legit or do Fiio allow the buyer to check once only?, how do they prevent the multiple use of legit serials. Thanks in advance.

Email FiiO and ask them if there have any fake E12s showed up on the market.

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 5
Would you agree that the serial number system on the stickers could be easily compromised, that is unless Fiio only allow a single check per serial?.

Easily compromised, I would guess so.
But check with FiiO, i'm sure they would know if the E12 are being faked.

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 5
I haven't had any issues with fake fiio products, just buy from an authorized source and you should be good. They also have a scratch off thing on the box normally (even on one of the LOD cables I got) to check authenticity. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back