Fiio E12 or C&C BH2?
Dec 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

willitblend

Aka: Thatonedude2
Pros and cons of each? Which gives best and cleanest bass boost and improves soundstage? I know both are known for doing those two things but I want to know which does it better. I can get both for $100

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 4
  Pros and cons of each? Which gives best and cleanest bass boost and improves soundstage? I know both are known for doing those two things but I want to know which does it better. I can get both for $100

I actually own both, and I can say that the sound from the 2 is quite different when listening to the Denon D2000's.

FiiO E12
-Warmer sounding
-Good soundstage
-Not fatiguing at all
-Great bass

C&C BH2
-More detail
-Highs/mids very up front and punchier bass
-Sounded somewhat congested (at least to me)
-Somewhat harsh at points with the upfront highs and vocals

For me, the E12 has a better overall sound, and maybe it's my headphones, the D2000's, which have a very warm/lush sound to them with good sub bass, which would work well with an amp like the E12. I just don't think the C&C BH2 mixed well with my Denons, overall. The vocals were very up front in some songs, but in others, such as rock, the guitar would drown out the vocals- a lot of times all of the sounds just didn't blend well.

Whereas with the E12, everything blended very nicely, and you felt like you caught everything. I also noticed that the drums in rock songs didn't hit as hard in the BH2 as they did in the E12- you really felt them, the sound was deeper, whereas in the BH2, the drums were much lighter.

Hope this helps somewhat,

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back