Fiio e12+e17 or e18 for J3 DAP?
Jan 2, 2014 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TechoGeek

New Head-Fier
I've recently had an accident with my e11 while working. The e12 had my interest for a while but I couldn't justify getting it since my e11 worked fine. I ordered the e12 without doing research about newer products, unfortunately after ordering I found out about the e18 and now wondering if I would be better off with that. My main use will be portable with the cowon J3 but would like the flexibility to listen to flac music on my desktop in which I only have onboard sound, that's where the e7 comes in. I've read shining reviews about the e12 which I felt made it a safe choice, but now I'm wondering if the e18 all in one option would be better without giving up on any sound quality. The battery life of the e18 is also interesting since the J3 gets about 40 hours of playtime. The headphones I currently own are the HD-25's with the AKG 550's on the way. I plan to purchase one more set with a higher impedance down the road so I want something with good power.

Thanks for any help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 2
I was on the same boat, I went with the e18 only because of its flexibility. I use it with my note 3, retina macbook, and cowon j3 as well. I tried out the e12 and i personally couldn't tell much difference between them on the j3, the e18 however sounded so much better with everything else that I didn't want to go back. Also, the j3 is an amazing device, it's dac is very good and so customizable that you can always adjust it to get exactly the sound your after, unless you have really low impedance under 30ohms or over 300ohms the e12 won't make a significant difference I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back