Fiio E11 vs. Electric Avenue PA2V2 ???
Jan 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DarenN993

New Head-Fier
I've owned the Fiio E11 for the last year now and it's a great portable amplifier. Considering that the PA2V2 has been more highly ranked in Head-fi as a portable amplifier at the same price range, am I missing out?? 

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #3 of 5
I personally wouldn't rank the PA2V2 above the E11, unless your only consideration is a warm sound.  The PA2V2 did sound a little thicker than the E11 to me (been a year since I had both), but I just didn't care for the look and feel of the PA2V2 -- it is rather big and clunky and not very portable, IMO.  

The E11 has a bit more to offer in a nicer, slicker form factor, along with a cleaner sound to me.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I personally wouldn't rank the PA2V2 above the E11, unless your only consideration is a warm sound.  The PA2V2 did sound a little thicker than the E11 to me (been a year since I had both), but I just didn't care for the look and feel of the PA2V2 -- it is rather big and clunky and not very portable, IMO.  

The E11 has a bit more to offer in a nicer, slicker form factor, along with a cleaner sound to me.

Thanks for the info. If guess if you're buying an E11, it's mainly for portable use. That extra bulkyness of the PA2V2 wouldn't be worth it to me.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 5
I would say the E11 is better than the PA2V2. The E11 has more power, is more portable, and has a bass boost option. The only negative thing about it is you can't charge it while using it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back