Fiio e10 worth it for 65 bucks?
Apr 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 8

Quote:
I get a discount with my brainwavs hm5.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Normal price for the Fiio E10 is $75-$80.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 8
what he said.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 8
yes. There's a nice long thread on here of the e10, it gives a glowing review and pretty much everyone in the thread can only say good things about it. All it really depends on is what you plan on using for cans with it, and if you'd rather just splurge and ge the e17

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 8
It's not as good as the E17 and it's bulkier, but then again the E17 is $70-80 more.

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 8
I remember that people were saying the headphone jack had issues, though that was supposed to be resolved in the later versions, I think. I will say, however, that I have one of the older versions, and I personally never saw any issues; it's supposed to be a desktop amp, after all, and the issues revolved around static noises while the jack is being moved around (if I recall correctly).
It's a definite improvement over, say, the headphone out of an integrated sound card, but it's not like you're going to suddenly hear completely different music; you can't have overly-unrealistic expectations. That said, I'd definitely say it's worth it for that price (bought mine for little more than $80), though that would depend on exactly what it is that you need.

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 8
My motherboards integrated Realtek ALC888 chipset is pretty close to Fiio E10 sound wise. E10 is slightly warmer sounding, but the difference is subtle. Biggest difference is that E10 allows me to get more volume whereas with my motherboard I'm maxed out. If you are expecting to get some kind of huge boost to sound quality, you will be disappointed. That being said some people do enjoy those subtle changes and think it is worth it to pay for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back