FiiO E10 Version problems?
Apr 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Abouna

500+ Head-Fier
I just picked up the E10 from Amazon.  I've only had few minutes to try it out but so far so good with my alessandros.  Maybe a little light on the low end (and I'm NOT a bass head).

I've noticed a few comments here and there about the headphone jack and and updated version.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  I'm assuming I have V2.

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
You made a thread about problems without having any problems.. @_@

Not really.  I have no problems (brand new), but as I said, there is some chatter about a new version coming out and it having something to do with the headphone jack (I believe).

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #4 of 8
Let me further explain...

It's possible for a meteorite to crash into Earth destroying all life, is this something I should be worried about?
or
When I go outside, there is a chance that some random person just stabs me to death, is this something I should be worried about?

Point being why would you worry about something that you have no control over. Yes it is true that there is a new version coming with gold headphone jack etc. but how is this a concern to you when your version is working just fine.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Let me further explain...

It's possible for a meteorite to crash into Earth destroying all life, is this something I should be worried about?
or
When I go outside, there is a chance that some random person just stabs me to death, is this something I should be worried about?

Point being why would you worry about something that you have no control over. Yes it is true that there is a new version coming with gold headphone jack etc. but how is this a concern to you when your version is working just fine.

Incredibly snide and unhelpful.  I just wanted to know what the potential issue was so I could be aware of it down the road.  As I;ve had it for a just a day and have a 30 day return window, I thought it might be a good idea to be informed. 

You might consider taking a little nappy nap so your not so grumpy!

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Ah, so your point was that if there is better version coming you would return your current version and then get the new one. There is few problems with that. You don't know when the new version will come out. And if you already have working E10 getting the new version just for the gold headphone jack is totally pointless.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 8
he's wondering not about the gold jack itself but about whether other things have been updated, the gold jack just being a symbol of those possible changes inside. No one wants to own a revision of a product that has been upgraded which is tough these days because consumers are basically the testing grounds and r&d for most companies. Bend over and just take it I say. Use mental power to pretend the silver jack version is the last revision and the best one. In a way it may be true as i'm sure there are plenty of revsions that can actually be less great than the older models. I have a matrix mstage for one example that has an upgraded feature that I found not to my liking and I modded it to be like the 'lower' and previous revision and am happier with the sound............Papander is just trying to put things in perspective

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 8
fwiw some of the reading i've done suggests that the newer version may be different in that the company is trying to cut labor and manufacturing costs......so soon people may be wanting the version you have with the silver headphone jack because it was made in china and not malaysia !  The chinese are starting to demand a decent days wage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back