FiiO E10 sibilant or is it my cans?
Apr 28, 2012 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Abouna

500+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to determine if the E10 I have is excessively sibilant or if it's my MS1 cans?

This is the first DAC/amp I've had since selling my EMU-0404 a couple years ago so I'm a little out of it I guess. 

I've had to use the bass boost switch (which goes against my grain for some reason).  I realize the MS1s aren't bass heavy (which is to my taste anyhow) but the E10 is probably getting more out of these cans than I've heard for some time and maybe it's just so crisp I'm over sensitive.

Don't get me wrong, the sound is light years ahead of the Realtek onboard I've been putting up with.  Just trying to get my bearings.

Apr 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't think the E10 is sibilant at all. In fact, I find the E10 slightly rolling off high frequency compared to my MBP's built-in DAC/Amp (or maybe it's just that MBP's built-in DAC/Amp boosts high frequency).

But anyway, no, I don't think it's the E10 that's sibilant. It might be your headphones. Or worse yet, it might be your source. Some bad recordings are very sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back