Fiio E10 shorting out headphones: is it possible?
Feb 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheAnomaly

500+ Head-Fier
i know the E10 has a noisy socket for some plugs. i didn't experience that problem -exactly-. but i did have two headphones mysteriously fail after a week or two of use with the Fiio. first, my IEMs: they developed a crackly sound when moving around while listening, even when i was plugged into another device. then the right channel shorted out and began to shock my ear! i had those IEMs for around a month when that happened, and the malfunction started after about 2-3 weeks of high use with the E10.

then i tried my HD650s with it; sounded decent, but after only a few days the right earpiece failed on those, as well. i tried other headphone sockets, right channel still gone. then i switched the left and right cables and the right channel worked again. i ordered a new cable and now my big Senns work fine again. still, a $23 fix i wasn't anticipating. my question, then, is whether or not the Fiio E10 is to blame. it's sure looking like it is, since it is the common denominator between both failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back