1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO E10 Quick Question!

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by skybleu, Dec 15, 2012.
Tags:
  1. SkyBleu
    As the title says, this is just a really quick yes or no question about the FiiO E10.

So here goes...

With the FiiO E10, being a 'Headphone Amplifier', would it work as an amp without the DAC function when it is used without a PC, or does this item always require a PC/Mac to function?

thanks in advance as any help is appreciated.

2. Doc-holliday
    The FiiO E10 gains it's power via USB. It also has no other input other than the USB digital signal. So no it cannot be used without a computer.

Suggstions:
    O2 -- JDS Labs about $145.
    Schiit Magni --- Brand new item $99
    Fiio E17 -- Can be used as a DAC via usb OR a stand alone portable amp.

The Schiit is not intended for portable use. Only for desktop use.

3. SkyBleu
    Ahh... i see, thanks for confirming! I just wanted to make sure, that was all. I also saw the Schiit Magni just a few days ago, I was going to purchase it, but the shipping to Australia was a whopping $41.. 

You seem to know your stuff, do you have any more suggestions for an amp/DAC with the cost of being under $90 AU/US that can be purchased easily, such as through eBay?
    Also, if you know where i can get the Magni for a cheaper price incl. shipping, please notify me:) 

4. Destroysall Contributor
    What is wrong with the E10?

5. SkyBleu
    Nothing, I was just wondering if it would work without a USB connection:)

6. Destroysall Contributor
    Consider a used FiiO E17 if you are on a strict budget.  It's a portable version of the E10 and does not require USB power.

destroysall.

7. SkyBleu
    Ah...Well i currently have an E11 on order, so if you WERE offering, it's too late:frowning2: