Fiio E10 olympus cutting off first milliseconds of sounds
Jan 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Terran

New Head-Fier
I read somewhere this was fixed on the new version of fiio e10 "olympus"
when I'm trying to play games with this DAC, the first seconds of footsteps or gunshots will be cut off and sometimes not even played
this happens in Counter-strike 1.6 when there are no ambient sounds or anything playing, but in games like Counter-strike:GO the sounds don't get cut off because there is constantly subtle ambient sounds playing
If I empty the recycle bin only half of the sound plays, but if I empty it while playing music at a very low volume the entire sound plays

My DAC says Olympus on it, and I use it with the bass switch off and low gain, changing the switches couldn't fix the problem and neither does the line out

is there any way to fix this? its really bad for gaming

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 5
It is a consequence of the design.  I suggest playing some music at low volume while you game so the FiiO always remains on.  Otherwise you should go with another product be it FiiO or something else.

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Sounds like they have a bunch of capacitors with low-resistance bleeder resistors.  They discharge quickly, meaning if the music is off for a short while, they have to charge back up - thus, the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back