Fiio E10 mods
Oct 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Assimilator702

500+ Head-Fier
I know the Fiio E10 just started to ship and I'm not sure how many of you got your hands on one yet.... but heres a question for you guys that are good with modding DAC's and amps.

Would it be possible to add either Toslink or Coaxial input to the E100....and somehow get power to the unit possible via the USB connector or some other means?

I ask this because it's easy to add to a computer setup but the lack of SPDIF input limits it's use with anything that doesn't have a USB out....like a stand alone CD player.

For someone that would like to move the DAC/amp from their computer setup to another room with a stand alone CD player this would be perfect.

Fiio put a USB to Coaxial converter in the E10 when could have easily made it a Coaxial input and offered a seperate power supply that plugs into the USB jack for wall power....this would have been a very nice move on their part giving the unit much more versatility.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
No that would be a very complicated mod. Look into the fiio d3 or wait for the fiio e17

I wasn't sure what category that would fall under.

I thought it might be a tough mod but I thought I'd try anyway.

Will search the features of the E17.

Thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back