fiio e1 mod question
Mar 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

icecold2021

New Head-Fier
would it be possible to disable the seek buttons and the middle stop/play button.

specifically opening it up and taking out whatever mechanism is allowing them to operate(spring? metal pin?) without compromising the volume control.

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 5
im currently using a LOD + e5.

i prefer the e1 cause it takes up less room and the volume control is handy when im snowboarding with my ipod is tucked away. but i agree a e1 with no controls at all would also be great.

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 5
I've modified my E1 to disable the skip buttons. It's really easy.

Use your fingernail or a credit card to pop off the rocking surface with the buttons on it. On the underside of this bit of plastic you'll see a small plastic nub at each button. Remove the two nubs on the skip buttons using a sharp knife or a file. Optionally, cover the contacts on the PCB with some electrical tape.

I'm really happy with the E1 after this essential fix. It doesn't sound quite as clear in the mid as my CMOY, but then it fits in my pocket and doesn't require a battery.

Sep 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 5
i like the functionality of the controls, but i also get frustrated when they're accidentally pressed. i wish there was a hold switch on the E1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back