FiiO E09 and E17 Combo. Is this a fail? The unit doesn't appear to function as a switch... who wants the speakers on when using headphones?!?
Sep 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Theblatt

New Head-Fier
Do I need to return these?  As far as I can figure out, it is not possible to listen to headphones without the speakers unless i actually unlpug the the speakers...

My monitors are separately powered with volume behind, so I don't control those.  FiiO seems to assume you can easily control your own volume.  #Fail.

Am I missing something.  How on earth could this thing be so poorly designed :frowning2:

I thought I read somewhere that the pre-amp turns off when the headphones plug in (DUH!!!!! but still more annoying than a switch) but this does not actually seem to be the case...?

Any help?

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 2
The FiiO E09 and E7 are compatible and the E09K and E17 are compatible. I ordered a FiiO E09 and E7 but I got a E09K (for unknown reasons) and had L/R balance issues but I didn't realize that I was actually given a E09K until after I had put a good bit of use into it. Hopefully I can somehow sell the E7 and get an E17 because I got the E09K for a lot cheaper than it should have cost.  Hope that helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back