Fiio E07k connection with iPhone 5
Feb 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #16 of 38
It works with fiio e17

How do you mean it works? You mean the e17 works as an external DAC bypassing the internal DAC of the iDevice?

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #17 of 38
It works with iDevice's. I have a similar setup using my iphone 5s -->CCK (lightning to camera kit from apple) --> USB A to Mini B adapter --> FiiO e07k (andes). Works like a charm bypassing the internal DAC of the iDevice. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #18 of 38
It works with iDevice's. I have a similar setup using my iphone 5s -->CCK (lightning to camera kit from apple) --> USB A to Mini B adapter --> FiiO e07k (andes). Works like a charm bypassing the internal DAC of the iDevice. 
I hope so, just ordered the camera connector kit for $35. The people at apple are criminals for charging that.
Edit: it works. I believe you can find the lightning camera connector on amazon now from different brands for under $15 now.

May 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #19 of 38
If anyone is still wondering, mine works as a DAC for my iphone 5S with this setup.
Iphone5S>LightningCameraConnectionKit>USBMale to USBMale mini connector>E07K

... and it sounds GLORIOUS!

May 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 38

If I buy the CCK and use the Andes with a iPod Classic 7th Generation, will it bypass it's built in DAC?

May 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 38
I honestly can't say, I tried the E07k with a nano and there's no way to bypass the internal dac in the nano. Since the classic is 30pin, it might be different.

I really just don't know :s

May 6, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #24 of 38
I honestly can't say, I tried the E07k with a nano and there's no way to bypass the internal dac in the nano. Since the classic is 30pin, it might be different.

I really just don't know :s

Thanks.

I'll still purchase the CCK + iPod Classic 7th Gen to test and see if it bypasses the internal DAC.

May 23, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #26 of 38
Sorry if this question has been asked a million times. But I just wanna confirm it beyond all doubt before I plunge in and buy a E07k.

iPhone 5 -> Apple Lightning to USB Adapter CCK -> USB to Mini USB Cable -> FiiO E07k Andes (USB Charging off) -> headphones.

Or will it not work?

May 23, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #28 of 38
Correct, it'll work.

Although the cable might be annoying, I ended up buying one of these

Although it was a little wiggly, it still worked fine.

So is it a problem with the E17? Read a lot of people failed with this set up even with USB Charging turned off.

And with this USB adapter that you suggested, doesn't it mean I can't bend the cables and carry my iphone and E07k as one piece? Haha.

May 23, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #30 of 38
So is it a problem with the E17? Read a lot of people failed with this set up even with USB Charging turned off.

And with this USB adapter that you suggested, doesn't it mean I can't bend the cables and carry my iphone and E07k as one piece? Haha.

No, you still can. Because the CCK is a cable, it's not one piece.
Would look like this

I realize this isn't the same thing, but thing of the black cord as the CCK and the lightning adapter as the usb to micro usb adapter.

I wouldn't know about the Fiio E17, never owned it, it's older, but they're extremely similar. I'd assume it'd still work though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back