[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Nov 1, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #1,936 of 2,096
Dear friend,

EQ is not supported in UAC 2.0 mode. In UAC 1.0 mode or Bluetooth mode, EQ is supported.

Best regards

...Ohhhhhh, interesting. I've got EQ profiles set up for my IEMs but the one for my daily drivers (CA Mammoth) is quite subtle I hadn't noticed it wasn't working when I switch from my phone over BT to my laptop over USB using the same IEMs...putting the psycho in psychoacoustics?

Will you be adding shelf filters to peq anytime soon?

Even if it doesn't work over USB, low and high shelves would be brilliant on the go! @FiiO

Dunno, I haven't used it much since then. It was on a HTC 65W wall charger with high power delivery at the time as I was listening via Bluetooth. After it bottomed out, I turned it off to charge and it claimed it was full after only 10 minutes and stopped charging. I had to reboot it and then it started charging again at a more realistic percentage (1 or 2 bars on the meter). Once it was fully charged, it seemed fine again. Maybe a fluke? I plan on keeping an eye on it and see how it holds up. Like I mentioned, the BTR5 never had this issue.

I haven't tried charging mine on anything higher than a 30W PD charger, but I've used few different cables including both the ones Fiio included, a Cygnett touch cable I have in the car, and some stupifyingly-expensive Lightware USB cables I've got around the office. I'm using one of those connected directly to my laptop (Dell Precision 5550) at the moment and I can confirm the behaviour I talked about in my last post. With the charging switch enabled it cycles the battery from 80% down then back up again and seems to happen regardless of the cable.

FWIW I also use the AirVOOC wireless charger I've got for my phone and that does regular Qi1 charging just fine, although it does bypass the 80% battery protection limit and charge it all the way up to 100%. Reverse wireless charging off my phone does the same.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #1,937 of 2,096
Will you be adding shelf filters to peq anytime soon?
Dear friend,
Thanks for the kind feedback. We will try to report to the product manager again about that.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 2, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #1,938 of 2,096
FWIW I also use the AirVOOC wireless charger I've got for my phone and that does regular Qi1 charging just fine, although it does bypass the 80% battery protection limit and charge it all the way up to 100%.
Same here and it was reported by other users as well. Was trying to charge with unit on or off, same result, goes all way to 100% regardless of battery protection settings.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #1,939 of 2,096
Dear friend,
Thanks for the kind feedback. We will try to report to the product manager again about that.
Best regards

Any progress with additional user EQ presets? Currently is only 3 user EQ, can you add until 10? Or 5 at least of 10 too demanding, and ability to save with different name (user1 EQ --> FH7 for example) so easier for us to remember what the EQ for.

And one more thing since latest update, I've experienced EQ reset with UTWS5, the user EQ is reset to default (flat) randomly so I have to EQ them again sometimes.
Never happened with my BTR7 and never happened with previous version of the app.

Thanks

Nov 3, 2023 at 4:18 AM Post #1,940 of 2,096
Any progress with additional user EQ presets? Currently is only 3 user EQ, can you add until 10? Or 5 at least of 10 too demanding, and ability to save with different name (user1 EQ --> FH7 for example) so easier for us to remember what the EQ for.

And one more thing since latest update, I've experienced EQ reset with UTWS5, the user EQ is reset to default (flat) randomly so I have to EQ them again sometimes.
Never happened with my BTR7 and never happened with previous version of the app.

Thanks
Dear friend,

It will take some time for them to assess first. As for the different name for EQ, the product manager will try to add in later update.

Best regards

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 3, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #1,941 of 2,096
Dear friend,

It will take some time for them to assess first. As for the different name for EQ, the product manager will try to add in later update.

Best regards

Thanks! I've been requesting this for quite some time

Nov 5, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #1,943 of 2,096
Hi everyone

The BTR7 is a very close friend who is there with me every day, but I struggle with the battery life. It doesn't last a whole day. I have a Planar IEM that is always thirsty for power, so I upgraded it to a larger battery 1400mAh and now the battery life is over a day. I modified and removed several parts to fit the battery size of the chassis, one of them is the wireless charger plate from the PCB.

The final result:
thickness has increased by 1.8mm, but it still fits into the case.
Everything is fine and I hope it continues to be so.
Battery + back cover from Ali Express for $4.5 :L3000:
Messing with the battery is not easy and there are safety risks so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 05.54.43_2d7f37d6.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 05.54.43_2d7f37d6.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 05.45.24_78b1cb2f.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 05.45.24_78b1cb2f.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 05.45.25_a7e6194d.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 05.45.25_a7e6194d.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 06.03.50_c5c98d74.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-06 at 06.03.50_c5c98d74.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 5, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #1,944 of 2,096
Hi everyone

The BTR7 is a very close friend who is there with me every day, but I struggle with the battery life. It doesn't last a whole day. I have a Planar IEM that is always thirsty for power, so I upgraded it to a larger battery 1400mAh and now the battery life is over a day. I modified and removed several parts to fit the battery size of the chassis, one of them is the wireless charger plate from the PCB.

The final result:
Messing with the battery is not easy and there are safety risks so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
You certainly have the right avatar for that kind of daring DIY mod.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #1,945 of 2,096
bruh you have a point lmao

Nov 6, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #1,946 of 2,096
Hi everyone

The final result:
Nice job!
I wonder why Fiio did not consider a bigger battery in the first place when it only adds 1.8mm of thickness... I think most would have happily accepted a slightly thicker device for almost twice the battery capacity
Wireless charging is a gimmick that is not really needed imho... But of course it sounds good as a selling point

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #1,947 of 2,096
Nice job!
I wonder why Fiio did not consider a bigger battery in the first place when it only adds 1.8mm of thickness... I think most would have happily accepted a slightly thicker device for almost twice the battery capacity
Wireless charging is a gimmick that is not really needed imho... But of course it sounds good as a selling point

Yeah, with a unit that produces this much power, 880mAh battery is a joke. Fiio should pay attention to battery capacity and make it a key point. The chassis is definitely suitable for a 1100mAh battery without any extra thickness, just remove the useless wireless charger, but I would be happy and very welcome a 1600mAh battery with a thickness of 2 mm.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #1,948 of 2,096
Yeah, with a unit that produces this much power, 880mAh battery is a joke. Fiio should pay attention to battery capacity and make it a key point. The chassis is definitely suitable for a 1100mAh battery without any extra thickness, just remove the useless wireless charger, but I would be happy and very welcome a 1600mAh battery with a thickness of 2 mm.
Sounds like it would have been a good choice / compromise for FiiO to make! But, you know, whatever they do they would have been subjected to criticism as well… If you look at the early pages in this thread you will find that FiiO was criticized for making the BTR7 so much larger than the BTR5… Anyway, criticism results from something not matching what an individual wants, and since the wants of many individuals varies, criticism is going to always be present because by its very nature, no product meets precisely everyone’s wants.

I happen to agree with the observation that FiiO should have included a larger battery at the cost of wireless charging and a bit more volume, but I also know that if I gotten what I wanted others would have bemoaned its size and lack of wireless charging!

Nov 6, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #1,949 of 2,096
Sounds like it would have been a good choice / compromise for FiiO to make! But, you know, whatever they do they would have been subjected to criticism as well… If you look at the early pages in this thread you will find that FiiO was criticized for making the BTR7 so much larger than the BTR5… Anyway, criticism results from something not matching what an individual wants, and since the wants of many individuals varies, criticism is going to always be present because by its very nature, no product meets precisely everyone’s wants.

I happen to agree with the observation that FiiO should have included a larger battery at the cost of wireless charging and a bit more volume, but I also know that if I gotten what I wanted others would have bemoaned its size and lack of wireless charging!
It brought me back to memories of smartphones. There was widespread criticism after phone sizes jumped to more than 5", and now everyone wants more than 7".
If a larger size provides you with high performance and longer battery life, believe me, almost people will like it.

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #1,950 of 2,096
Nice job!
Dear friend,

Thanks for your attention. We design our products considering both functionality and cosmetic dimensions.So it's a combination of considerations.

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back