[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #1,892 of 2,096
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #1,894 of 2,096
Looks like wireless signal strength icon to me? But you are right, it changes when flipping between High and Low gain. LOL

Yeah, it took me a while to figure it out when I first got my BTR7... I run on low gain anyway so it needed to be changed from the high default.

Sep 14, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #1,896 of 2,096
BTR7 is connected via BT to a phone running Android. When Deezer is in use, hitting Pause button on BTR7 results in Next track. The problem doesn't exist with BTR7 + other players/streamers, and the problem doesn't exist on Deezer + Hiby W3. The only broken pair is BTR7 + Deezer.

Any ideas how to resolve?

The last (1.95) freeware is installed.

Sep 14, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #1,897 of 2,096
BTR7 is connected via BT to a phone running Android. When Deezer is in use, hitting Pause button on BTR7 results in Next track. The problem doesn't exist with BTR7 + other players/streamers, and the problem doesn't exist on Deezer + Hiby W3. The only broken pair is BTR7 + Deezer.

I have a similar problem when using my MacBook Air (M2) via bluetooth
Only on Tidal when I skip a track the BT7 shows a phone call and won't play
Works fine of my apple phone in the end I had to switch to Qubuz and the problem disappeared

Sep 14, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #1,898 of 2,096

@FiiO Could you please suggest the way to resolve? Or - is it known bug?

Sep 14, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #1,899 of 2,096
Mine seems to always charge to 100% wirelessly even with Battery Protection on.
I can concur, mine does the same. I don’t use the wireless charging as much as I thought I would during my day-to-day life (comes in very handy when you’re stuck at the airport and your phone has reverse wireless charging though!) but the times I have left it on the wireless charger it goes up to 100%.
Personally I’m not bugging about it, but just wanted to add my two cents to indicate this Isn’t isolated to one or two units.

Sep 14, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #1,900 of 2,096
I can concur, mine does the same. I don’t use the wireless charging as much as I thought I would during my day-to-day life (comes in very handy when you’re stuck at the airport and your phone has reverse wireless charging though!) but the times I have left it on the wireless charger it goes up to 100%.
Personally I’m not bugging about it, but just wanted to add my two cents to indicate this Isn’t isolated to one or two units.
And I swear it worked properly before, changed after one of the FW updates.

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #1,901 of 2,096
And I swear it worked properly before, changed after one of the FW updates.
I updated straight to 1.95 out of the box, but I remember seeing in the older release notes that they had made wireless charging independent of the ‘dongle mode’ switch in an earlier version so that’s not without basis.

Sep 16, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #1,903 of 2,096
BTR7 has surprisingly good DAC for a portable, better than some desktop ones I had. Connections are flimsy though, particularly USB when connecting to Mac or PC, cables it comes with are super short also.
Can’t say I’ve run into issues with the connections myself, but maybe I’ll look into a magnetic USB cable as a precaution.

Sep 16, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #1,904 of 2,096
Can’t say I’ve run into issues with the connections myself, but maybe I’ll look into a magnetic USB cable as a precaution.
There is positive click and solid connector engagement, same as with any other USB-C device I have.
But I have not used stock cable, just some amazon fancy looking ones.
For PC connector I use this one.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #1,905 of 2,096
got this to replace btr5. while i loved the sound, the screen and buttons were a let-down.

screen:
  1. its a big screen, and instead of including more useful information ( like play/paused) or option for battery percentage, someone decided lets just fill the screen with codec cos everyone who looks at the screen wants to see LDAC in colour! Volume and play/pause are the must changed parameters when using the unit yet it's the least obvious on the screen. The screen could be better used.
  2. when changing volume, the screen remains at LDAC! it will be good if it shows the volume in big digits since its a big screen, now the volume numbers are even smaller than that of btr5 when changing vol! or at make the volume bar thicker below to so that its easier to see.( again it took me awhile to realise it's the volume bar...I thought was some design at first )
  3. the gain...the signal with a arrow on top doesnt make sense,cos changing the volume doesnt bring up any barchart to show volume. and volume is not a signal strength as in it doesn't vary unless changed by user. just a high or low makes more sense. one will figure out eventually butits just not intuitive.

next the buttons
  1. when you are listening and someone wants to talk to you, you need to tap a button and wait for the screen to wake up.then u can tap the button to pause.
  2. the same goes with the vol, you need to wake up the unit first. understand that this may be a feature to prevent accidentally tapping the buttons. it will be good to have it in the menu for user to choose between immediate response when button is tapped or have to eait for screen to awake. (Solved: deactivate wake at any buttons via phone app. Still, if activated it should function AND wake the screen at the same time. )cos its weird to tap the button and realise nothing happens. you have to look at the unit for the screen to wake up...and as mentioned in the screen, when you tap to pause the screen doesnt even show paused...then why wake up the screen to activate a function that doesnt even show on screen?
love how it sounds, can defintely get around with all the above, but the UI could have been better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back