[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jan 23, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #1,441 of 2,088
Funny! I actually just ate a frozen meal that apparently contains a”Boiengineered ingredient”...
Tenchnically hasn't most of our food has been meddled with? 😉

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #1,443 of 2,088
Yes, but was that “boi”engineered or maybe “gurl”engineered? 😂. (I was just poking fun at what the product label had written on it)
I did get that, I was looking for an excuse to use the word 'tenchnical(ly)' in a sentence :stuck_out_tongue:

..... to not bore the other members:
I am really enjoying the BTR7 - apart from a couple of days ago when I went to demo the IE600 and didn't want to take a hefty Walkman, I use it entirely for watching movies driving my MDR-Z1R to an entirely satisfying level. Nothing wrong with the BTR5, but I do enjoy the whole package of the BTR7 as an upgrade, especially the 4.4mm.

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #1,444 of 2,088
I did get that, I was looking for an excuse to use the word 'tenchnical(ly)' in a sentence :stuck_out_tongue:

..... to not bore the other members:
I am really enjoying the BTR7 - apart from a couple of days ago when I went to demo the IE600 and didn't want to take a hefty Walkman, I use it entirely for watching movies driving my MDR-Z1R to an entirely satisfying level. Nothing wrong with the BTR5, but I do enjoy the whole package of the BTR7 as an upgrade, especially the 4.4mm.
Sorry - D’oh!

Jan 23, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #1,445 of 2,088
Going in, I knew there was one thing that the Qudelix-5K was going to have over the BTR7. I normally advance songs directly on the BT DAC/Amp, as my phone is too cumbersome, to pull out of my pocket readily. The BTR7's larger footprint makes it a bit of a hassle to get out of my pocket quickly, as well.

But my Samsung SW4 provided a solution.

SW4 BTR7.jpg

Jan 23, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,446 of 2,088
Going in, I knew there was one thing that the Qudelix-5K was going to have over the BTR7. I normally advance songs directly on the BT DAC/Amp, as my phone is too cumbersome, to pull out of my pocket readily. The BTR7's larger footprint makes it a bit of a hassle to get out of my pocket quickly, as well.

SW4 BTR7.jpg
Yep - the Apple Watch works the same way in the Apple ecosystem.

Smart watches FTW! :ksc75smile:

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #1,447 of 2,088

SW4 BTR7.jpg
I'm using my smart watch for things like music control, msg & call notifications, alaram... e.t.c. but have yet to use the main feature it was intended for, fitness tracking 😄.

Jan 24, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #1,448 of 2,088
Just got myself a Fiio FD3 Pro today and used it with a Tripowin Petrichor Upgrade cable in 4.4mm balanced connected to the BTR7. Whoaaa...what a massive and lush sound. Everything sounds in the face, clear and punchy. Like it a lot. Expecting my Sennheiser ie200 to arrive this weekend and will take it for a spin too.

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #1,449 of 2,088
@lgcubana , @EdgeDC , @Johnfg465vd

Hey guys, for those of you who are using a smartwatch, I have an off topic question, sorry for the off topic, by the way :)

I bought a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, a few days ago. When I pair it with my BTR7, it pairs using AAC. Is this the only Bluetooth codec, supported? Also, can you load .WAV or .FLAC files on your watches, especially on Samsung smartwatches? I can only load .MP3 files, even though in the Specs it says it can recognize other file types, as well.

Thank you for any replies!

Jan 24, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #1,450 of 2,088

Hey guys, for those of you who are using a smartwatch, I have an off topic question, sorry for the off topic, by the way :)

I bought a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, a few days ago. When I pair it with my BTR7, it pairs using AAC. Is this the only Bluetooth codec, supported? Also, can you load .WAV or .FLAC files on your watches, especially on Samsung smartwatches? I can only load .MP3 files, even though in the Specs it says it can recognize other file types, as well.

I suspect most of us are not doing anything like you've suggested. What we are likely all doing is pairing our BTR7 with our smart phone, and pairing our smart watch with our smart phone. We listen to music using our BTR7, but being played from our smart phones... and while doing so, controls show up on our smart watch. That way we can keep both our smart phones and the BTR7 in our pockets (or using a clip/lanyard for the BTR7).

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #1,451 of 2,088

What @EdgeDC said. There’s very little available processor, memory & battery capacity, on a smartwatch, to accomplish your goal.

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #1,452 of 2,088
I suspect most of us are not doing anything like you've suggested. What we are likely all doing is pairing our BTR7 with our smart phone, and pairing our smart watch with our smart phone. We listen to music using our BTR7, but being played from our smart phones... and while doing so, controls show up on our smart watch. That way we can keep both our smart phones and the BTR7 in our pockets (or using a clip/lanyard for the BTR7).
@Nick24JJ I have different watch but like the above user says, only using my watch to control playback.

Jan 24, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,453 of 2,088
Thanks for your replies :)

It's not that I am trying to do anything, I just got this watch and I am trying to figure out how it works :)

The only use case for me, in regards to my query, would be if I would go jogging outside, without my phone. I asked you because on the watch specs it says

Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v5.2
Audio Playing Format MP3,M4A,3GA,AAC,OGG,OGA,WAV,AMR,AWB

So, I thought to ask a Samsung owner if they have ever managed to play .WAV from the watch. I will have to contact Samsung UK customer service about this, I think.

PS: when it comes to playback control, of course can control Amazon Music Unlimited playback from my watch, I can also use YouTube on the watch but it requires a Premium subscription, I am currently thinking about it. I can also listen to mp3 320 cbr.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,454 of 2,088
I've noticed that with the included case, that the BTR7 gets warm, quickly; which can be an issue (for the longevity of the battery), if you attempt to charge, while the battery is already warm/hot.

For anyone who has gotten their FiiO clip case for the BTR7, Have you popped the unit out of the case, immediately after normal usage, to check the unit's heat ?

Jan 24, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,455 of 2,088
I've noticed that with the included case, that the BTR7 gets warm, quickly; which can be an issue (for the longevity of the battery), if you attempt to charge, while the battery is already warm/hot.

For anyone who has gotten their FiiO clip case for the BTR7, Have you popped the unit out of the case, immediately after normal usage, to check the unit's heat ?
I have not noticed that it heats up after use with the clip case on. Having said that I was not checking the device for heat.

I will check it after use and report in due course, if others have not yet reported their findings by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back