[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Jan 20, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #1,427 of 2,088
Jan 20, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #1,428 of 2,088
I did not think I would ever be excited by a case, but the BTR7 case just looks and feels right! It even makes the BTR7 look more like its sibling, BTR5.

20230120_133125.jpg

The case makes this convenient device, even more practical with the many options, clip on, hook on, hang it.....

20230120_133206.jpg

Just 3 days to arrive in the UK.Even with postal issues, it took 7 days to get to me. Thank you @FiiO for taking our views on board 🙏

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,429 of 2,088
I did not think I would ever be excited by a case, but the BTR7 case just looks and feels right! It even makes the BTR7 look more like its sibling, BTR5.

20230120_133125.jpg

The case makes this convenient device, even more practical with the many options, clip on, hook on, hang it.....

20230120_133206.jpg

Just 3 days to arrive in the UK.Even with postal issues, it took 7 days to get to me. Thank you @FiiO for taking our views on board 🙏

Looks great! Mine should be here next week.

Jan 20, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #1,430 of 2,088
My btr7 seems to be pretty buggy with some issues

I'm using it attached to my iPad mini and when I attach the camera kit to supply power to the mini and plug in the btr7 I thought it would also charge or at least maintain the battery level but it doesn't - the btr7 just drains as if it's not plugged in and I've tried the side charge switch in both positions.

the eq doesn't seem to work correctly either. I know there was an update to allow for the eq to work with custom adjustments, which its great but the volume fluctuates when its engaged going between standard lossless and Hi Rez tracks as well as when I pause a track.

I'll turn the unit on and start streaming a track. My eq is engaged on custom 1 which is where I have my adjustments and it sounds quiet so I go into the eq menu on the unit and switch from custom 1 to custom 2 (where there are no adjustments) and the volume goes up like around 10db so then I switch back to custom 1 where I've made adjustments and the volume stays the same level. Once the track changes to a Hi Rez track or I pause it for a few minutes then play the volume goes back down so I have to go into the eq menu and toggle between the 2 custom settings to get the volume back up. it's pretty frustrating. It almost sound like when this happens the unit slips into low gain mode but it doesn't according to the menu when I checked.

Also, I have mine set to power off after 10 minutes when no activity but it doesn't work either. The unit stays on even though my iPad mini was not playing anything and the screen wa locked.

Maybe I missed if these issues have been discussed but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or this is a software issue, or a defective unit. trying to figure out if I should return it.

Jan 20, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #1,431 of 2,088
For those interested in a late BTR7 review :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,434 of 2,088
I don't have the Go Blue, but I do have the iFi Gryphon and the BTR7. I enjoy both. The xSpace and xBass on the Gryphon are a great feature. But I also enjoy the PEQ on the FiiO app. Both are used daily, more than my DAP. My only issue with the BTR7 is the comparatively short battery life.

Jan 21, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #1,435 of 2,088
I don't have the Go Blue, but I do have the iFi Gryphon and the BTR7. I enjoy both. The xSpace and xBass on the Gryphon are a great feature. But I also enjoy the PEQ on the FiiO app. Both are used daily, more than my DAP. My only issue with the BTR7 is the comparatively short battery life.
How is the battery life compared to the Gryphon?

Jan 21, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,436 of 2,088
The Gyphon is better for battery life. The BTR7, however seems to fast charge and charges wirelessly too, so it hasn't been too frustrating. I just switch to the Gryphon while the BTR7 charges.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,437 of 2,088
Also, I have mine set to power off after 10 minutes when no activity but it doesn't work either. The unit stays on even though my iPad mini was not playing anything and the screen wa locked.

Maybe I missed if these issues have been discussed but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or this is a software issue, or a defective unit. trying to figure out if I should return it.
I’ve noticed the same thing, but on reading the manual, it says it will auto power off only when there’s no Blutooth connection.

To me, this makes the ‘idle power off‘ pretty useless. You have to manually turn Blutooth off in order to use an automatic function? I’m not sure of Fiio’s logic behind this…

Jan 22, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #1,438 of 2,088
Hi @FiiO, I just noticed there is a spelling error: should be 'technical'

20230122_223657.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back