[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Aug 9, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #361 of 2,070
It would depend on your IEM, although most do not scale with amplification. Name yours, and let’s see who responds with experience. I can tell you my S12 planar set did respond to the balanced output with punchier bass and a more open stage, but the effect was subtle and you’d miss it if you weren’t listening for it.

Yeah, I think that’s a fair assessment. The S12 does scale with a more powerful source and takes well to a balanced connection. It is arguably subtle but I’d say definitely noticeable.

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #362 of 2,070
How about the sound impression single ended vs balance ?
I only use iem,
will try to buy a 4.4mm cable if it improves sound quality,
Thank you,
You really using only half of the circuity that you paid for single ended as BTR7 is full balanced design. Technically balanced drive is more powerful and provide better drivers control. Will you notice appreciable audible difference with all IEMs, not likely?
I personally always opt for balanced when it's supported by device. Tripowin balanced cables are cheap on amazon.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #363 of 2,070
You really using only half of the circuity that you paid for single ended as BTR7 is full balanced design. Technically balanced drive is more powerful and provide better drivers control. Will you notice appreciable audible difference with all IEMs, not likely?
I personally always opt for balanced when it's supported by device. Tripowin balanced cables are cheap on amazon.
I admit I largely follow this philosophy as well... for most of my IEMs I have picked up inexpensive balanced cables, just in case it makes a difference! But I don't invest much more than $30 per cable... please no cables debates since that eventually brings on the wrath of the moderators...

Aug 10, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #365 of 2,070
I really like the ie600/BTR7 (stock 3.5mm cable) combo as well. Warm and clear, if that makes sense... Plug and play in Windows and Mac, LDAC seems to work well enough too. It's a great little amp to add to the arsenal.

The Sennheiser IE600 IEMs are absolutely the endgame set if your intention is portability. With the right eartips there’s not much need for power to achieve class-A bass extension and enough air to put you in the front row no matter where you are… #jussayin

Aug 10, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #366 of 2,070
The Sennheiser IE600 IEMs are absolutely the endgame set if your intention is portability. With the right eartips there’s not much need for power to achieve class-A bass extension and enough air to put you in the front row no matter where you are… #jussayin
I agree! I was in the IE600 tour and was blown away at how good it is. I could easily see that as my only IEM. Band for the buck is insane. I’ll have the BTR7 tomorrow and I’m seriously tempted to pick up the IE600 to pair with it.

Aug 10, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #367 of 2,070
I agree! I was in the IE600 tour and was blown away at how good it is. I could easily see that as my only IEM. Band for the buck is insane. I’ll have the BTR7 tomorrow and I’m seriously tempted to pick up the IE600 to pair with it.

I forgot to mention the comfort and fit security that these IEMs have the potential for. I say “potential” because not many like the stock tips, and that will mean a quest for the right tips for anyone’s individual ears. I suggest anyone start with Spinfit because their unique implementation for modifying the angle in your canal allows for avoiding differences in tuning with slightly different placements in your ears. I personally like the SQ results from the CP145 tips, but the bore size is too large for the nozzle and the tips will sometimes slip off. I’m presently waiting for the Spinfit Max tips to show up in North America…

Aug 10, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #369 of 2,070
First impression vs btr5,

+ Subbass rumble
+ Punchier kickdrum
+ Less harsh vocal
+ More air up top
+ Bigger stage
+ MOAR POWAH !!!

= Same neutral tonality

- Unusable case

Problem: How am I supposed to use this device while on the go? Put it in my pocket? Then how I access the button? 😒

Solution: I put a keychain holder on it, so I can just clip it on my pants,
It securely placed, the button is easily accesible + waterproof & dustproof,

P_20220810_225916.jpg

I attach something like this to the device,
Just a simple $1 keychain holder,
images - 2022-08-10T230853.588.jpeg

Much love from Kudus, Indonesia, 💕

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #371 of 2,070
Case without a clip is definitely an oversight from FiiO. I would pay extra for nicer one with some clip.
If only ddHiFi still made FiiO-specific cases like they used to. It seems that they stopped doing that as soon as FiiO started bundling cases with their devices, likely because it made it harder to sell a 3rd-party case. I think their BTR5 case (the C-B5) was their last FiiO-specific product (although it might have been the C-M15 case for the FiiO M15).

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #372 of 2,070
Case without a clip is definitely an oversight from FiiO. I would pay extra for nicer one with some clip.

It’s an odd choice. I have the BTR5 and the included clip is very useful. I honestly thought I wouldn’t be using it but it’s turned out to he indispensable. And it’s just a couple pieces of plastic and a spring. Maybe some third party will make up a similar clip for the 7.

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #373 of 2,070
Fiio Control app hangs forever trying to connect to BTR7 - the read loading circle never goes away after i click on the BTR7 to add the device. Samsung Z Flip 3. I tried restarting both devices, no luck. Any pointers @FiiO?

Screenshot_20220810-230539_FiiO Control.jpg

Update: I didn't realise it was connected to both my IOS and Android device (IOS was control) so a new control couldn't be added on Android. Schoolboy error

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #374 of 2,070
Fiio Control app hangs forever trying to connect to BTR7 - the read loading circle never goes away after i click on the BTR7 to add the device. Samsung Z Flip 3. I tried restarting both devices, no luck. Any pointers @FiiO?
You need to pair BT device to your phone first.

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #375 of 2,070
You need to pair BT device to your phone first.

Oh yes i did that - i can play music too, it's fine from that perspective. It just that the control app can't complete the communication eventhough it can see the BTR7, so I have not access to eq and other stuff etc. It looks like a (major) bug with Android/Samsung devices, as the control app works fine on IOS

Update: I didn't realise it was connected to both my IOS and Android device (IOS was control) so a new control couldn't be added on Android. Schoolboy error - make sure it doesn't have phantom connection with another device!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back