[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #2,356 of 3,639
So update on this, this solution worked for me and has made my iPhone —> BTR5 usable again. I created a slightly different shortcut that works a little better for me and then set it to run automatically when my phone connects to the BTR5 over Bluetooth. If anyone is interested in using the shortcut I made, here is a link.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/0a474bba3151430ea9ac974cae94f17f

Great news! Thanks for the shortcut loaded it up now. This was stopping me from getting the UTWS3, it’s tempting now...

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,357 of 3,639
Starting to think that it could be worth me not getting a BTR or similar if Apple are doing this sort of thing. Maybe a separate device for music is the way to go. How does work in terms of streaming, can they piggy back of a phones hotspot for 4G?

No no, don’t tell me, they will Bluetooth too, likely to suffer the same problem?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #2,358 of 3,639
Starting to think that it could be worth me not getting a BTR or similar if Apple are doing this sort of thing. Maybe a separate device for music is the way to go. How does work in terms of streaming, can they piggy back of a phones hotspot for 4G?

No no, don’t tell me, they will Bluetooth too, likely to suffer the same problem?

Digital Audio Players are worth looking in to, Fiio has a wide range for each budget. Most connect via WiFi and mobile hotspots, music can also be stored in the SD card.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #2,360 of 3,639
Very tempted to up my budget to £250 now for a player that I absolutely did not want 20mins ago.

I know the feeling. Welcome to the rabbit hole of audio!

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #2,361 of 3,639
Can someone help me with the BTR5 configuration?

I'm trying to set it to be my sound card for my computer, but some characteristcs of this dap are driving me crazy: i plug it using a usb to usb-c cable to my computer, but the battery just doesn't recharge and every 2~3 minutes it goes silent, even though the computer shows that everything is plugged normally. I can even see the name "btr5" when I click in the sound icon.

So, everything goes mute, and then I have to unplug and plug it again to the computer.

I really don't know if this is some kind of configuration, or the dap is just with some deffect. It was working properly, aside the non-recharging battery, but not nothing is working. Can it be some kind of bluetooth interference?

Help! XD I'm about to through it in the trash bin!

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #2,362 of 3,639
Go to the settings menu of the btr5 and turn on charging.

-Turn on the Btr5
-Press the power button for 3 sec
-Switch through the settings by pushing the play button
-On "Charge" menu press the volume up button one time

Plug the Btr5 to your computer.

Hope this helps.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #2,364 of 3,639
The Apple headphone notifications for exceeding a certain volume can be turned off. Go to settings >sound and haptic >headphone safety

turn it off there

The option to turn off the headphone notifications is not available on all devices (including mine). Sounds like it may depend on certain local regulations or something.

Jan 14, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #2,365 of 3,639
Can someone help me with the BTR5 configuration?

I'm trying to set it to be my sound card for my computer, but some characteristcs of this dap are driving me crazy: i plug it using a usb to usb-c cable to my computer, but the battery just doesn't recharge and every 2~3 minutes it goes silent, even though the computer shows that everything is plugged normally. I can even see the name "btr5" when I click in the sound icon.

So, everything goes mute, and then I have to unplug and plug it again to the computer.

I really don't know if this is some kind of configuration, or the dap is just with some deffect. It was working properly, aside the non-recharging battery, but not nothing is working. Can it be some kind of bluetooth interference?

Help! XD I'm about to through it in the trash bin!
Can your BTR5 be charged by the charger instead?

It has charging protection detection, when the output power from the usb port is lower than 4.6V, the charging in BTR5 will stop.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 16, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #2,367 of 3,639
Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #2,369 of 3,639
Jan 17, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #2,370 of 3,639
Good find sir! The BTR5 could be back on the list. I’m torn between the BTR5 or getting a stand alone player, that can host Spotify and some hires files for fave albums. I’ve never found a purchase to be so difficult to decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back