FiiO BTR3-The World' First Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier, SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA (LHDC)
Aug 17, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #121 of 1,870
I was actually looking forward to BTR3 because of the newer 4376A DAC chip which has better THD and SNR than the older 4375A used in ES100.

Granted ES100 has dual integrated chip that may increase Vrms but in my understanding it does not address the bottleneck of the THD/SNR of the DAC. @SubMash @Virgil @FiiO Please correct me if I am wrong then to assume that sound will be more refined/cleaner with BTR3 but the cans will have more driveability with ES100.

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #122 of 1,870
I was actually looking forward to BTR3 because of the newer 4376A DAC chip which has better THD and SNR than the older 4375A used in ES100.

Granted ES100 has dual integrated chip that may increase Vrms but in my understanding it does not address the bottleneck of the THD/SNR of the DAC. @SubMash @Virgil @FiiO Please correct me if I am wrong then to assume that sound will be more refined/cleaner with BTR3 but the cans will have more driveability with ES100.

I am not sure the single AKM 4376 THD/SNR is better than using a 4375 per channel, usual using dual DACs changes these values usually for the better....

Cheers.

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #123 of 1,870
Does this support iOS volume sync. I get that it is useful to be able to control the volume of the BTR3 independently of the iPhone volume, but I like to adjust the volume of my music with the source, particularly nice to control iPhone volume with Apple Watch. Most BT devices default to volume sync, iPhone puts out full volume and then iPhone can control the BT analogue volume. I believe the ES100 can do this, but I'd prefer the BTR3, assuming it's a good match to my K10.

I understand the convenience but adjusting the volume digitally reduces the fidelity, so it's best to leave it on 100% and change the volume on the receiver end.

cheers.

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #124 of 1,870
I understand the convenience but adjusting the volume digitally reduces the fidelity, so it's best to leave it on 100% and change the volume on the receiver end.

cheers.

It doesn't adjust it digitally, iOS volume sync adjusts the BT devices analogue output remotely.

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #125 of 1,870
It doesn't adjust it digitally, iOS volume sync adjusts the BT devices analogue output remotely.

Wow. That’s smart. Excuse my ignorance. I didn’t know that.

Aug 17, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #126 of 1,870
Aug 17, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #127 of 1,870
I really like the look of this one, nice and solid. decent DAC. Hard to believe there can be much difference between this and the ES100 with a good matched set of IEMs. I have no idea if my Nobles are a good match of either. Awaiting some reviews.

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #128 of 1,870

I will repeat it again - 4376 has better THD and SNR only without load. With load it's identical -60dB THD at 25mW. Dual amp is not just increasing voltage (means volume), but also doubles current capacity (which might make 10 times difference in THD at load), doubles damping factor and does balanced connection which removes ground and interference noise.

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #129 of 1,870
I will repeat it again - 4376 has better THD and SNR only without load. With load it's identical -60dB THD at 25mW. Dual amp is not just increasing voltage (means volume), but also doubles current capacity (which might make 10 times difference in THD at load), doubles damping factor and does balanced connection which removes ground and interference noise.

First Q: Do the 4375/4376 have a DAC and Amp combo built in?
Second Q: If I use unbalanced output of ES100 then 4376A of BTR3 will be slightly better (THD/SNR wise) than 4375A of ES100?

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #130 of 1,870
First Q: Do the 4375/4376 have a DAC and Amp combo built in?
Second Q: If I use unbalanced output of ES100 then 4376A of BTR3 will be slightly better (THD/SNR wise) than 4375A of ES100?
1. Yes.
2. No. Balanced or unbalanced es100 uses both amps either in dual mono or tandem mode. So it's always better than single 4376. Plus, as I've stated before - this SNR only available if no headphones connected to 4376.

Aug 17, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #131 of 1,870
Does this support iOS volume sync. I get that it is useful to be able to control the volume of the BTR3 independently of the iPhone volume, but I like to adjust the volume of my music with the source, particularly nice to control iPhone volume with Apple Watch. Most BT devices default to volume sync, iPhone puts out full volume and then iPhone can control the BT analogue volume. I believe the ES100 can do this, but I'd prefer the BTR3, assuming it's a good match to my K10.
Es100 doesn't have this mode as well yet. Well, my LDAC Sony also don't have volume sync.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #132 of 1,870
I really like the look of this one, nice and solid. decent DAC. Hard to believe there can be much difference between this and the ES100 with a good matched set of IEMs. I have no idea if my Nobles are a good match of either. Awaiting some reviews.
I'm wondering about my Nobles as well, the BTR1 I'm using with my Encores has some white noise at 50% volume and gets worse if I turn the volume down. The noise is less noticeable at higher volumes, drowned out by the music I suppose. I didn't notice the noise when I was using it with my UERRs, they're less sensitive than the Encore. I'm going to order this when it's available on Amazon, and try see how it fares with my Encores and Bells.

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #133 of 1,870
The ES100 has literally no noise with my K10, I assume this is because it has DCT - a noise elimination technology build in that was licensed from EarStudio to A&K and others. Seems to be quite advanced.

Cheers

Aug 17, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #134 of 1,870
The ES100 has literally no noise with my K10, I assume this is because it has DCT - a noise elimination technology build in that was licensed from EarStudio to A&K and others. Seems to be quite advanced.

Cheers
The ES100 is literally the first item on the recommended list on my Amazon homepage, I think they're onto me:beyersmile: I'll give it a twirl, thanks for the insights.

Aug 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #135 of 1,870
Hi, I have a question.

Now I am listening to the music with IEM and bluetooth APTX with the Fiio BTR1. Well, I'm testing different players to see which one gives me the best quality:

Player that brings the phone, Sony Xperia XA2
Onkyo HF Player
Neutron Music Player
USB Audio Player Pro, activating playback on Android

Well, honestly, they all sound the same to me.

My question is ... does the player use what is transmitted by bluetooth? I understand that yes, at least as regards the resampling that you perform to generate the signal, do not ...? If this is the case, then either APTX lowers the quality of all equally or my ears already by age are not able to distinguish one from the other ... With APTX HD (Fiio BTR3) will the difference be noticed from one player to another?

Someone can explain something to me about this, I'm a little lost.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back