[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #391 of 3,677
Can someone please share your experience on BTR5 battery life? I am seriously concerned about that before I place my order. How 7h is working out for you? Is it actually 7h or less? I hate the idea of charging it everyday .. but if it can survive a full day, thats not too bad I guess.

Jan 1, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #392 of 3,677
Can someone please share your experience on BTR5 battery life? I am seriously concerned about that before I place my order. How 7h is working out for you? Is it actually 7h or less? I hate the idea of charging it everyday .. but if it can survive a full day, thats not too bad I guess.

It depends on the BT codec used, headphone as well as volume, but you should get around 7~8 hours on most headphones with LDAC.

Jan 1, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #393 of 3,677

I use my BTR5 exclusively as Bluetooth receiver. The codec is LDAC. IEMs always connected to 2.5mm balanced. I cannot comment on how long it will go on one charge because I tend to recharge my BTR5 after about 4 hours of use (a convenience thing - I am at my desk at work, so why not?). The indicator tells me I have around 50% battery life left, so I have no reason to believe I wouldn’t get 7-8 hours per charge.

Jan 1, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #395 of 3,677
Greetings. I have es100mk2. Works well, sounds great. However exterior build quality is quite poor. Looking at BTr5 as improvement to this. BTr5 appears to have a larger battery than es100. I’m getting probably 7 hrs Ldac from es100, maybe less. Also, can I use this via usb? From reading, seems yes. My car has only usb jack, no 3.5. Also, does the es100 work with usb connection (output audio signal to receiver?) as it does with 2.5/3.5? Thanks

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #396 of 3,677
Have anyone knows if fiio will add the EQ support for ldac?. I'm still looking forward for it

They said they are working on it, but no indication on when it will be available.

Jan 1, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #397 of 3,677
Greetings. I have es100mk2. Works well, sounds great. However exterior build quality is quite poor. Looking at BTr5 as improvement to this. BTr5 appears to have a larger battery than es100. I’m getting probably 7 hrs Ldac from es100, maybe less. Also, can I use this via usb? From reading, seems yes. My car has only usb jack, no 3.5. Also, does the es100 work with usb connection (output audio signal to receiver?) as it does with 2.5/3.5? Thanks

Outputing digital audio signal to USB is not possible for BTR5 and ES100 (*no BT adapter that I know of is capable of that). Also there is an extremely high chance that the USB port on your car probably can't take USB audio input as well. Most of them are only design to read USB thumb drive.

Jan 2, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #400 of 3,677
Does anyone know if the app allows you to shut off the hands free calling profile and just run A2DP while in car mode?

No it doesn't.

Jan 2, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #401 of 3,677
No it doesn't.

@ClieOS - thanks again! Did I read correctly that you can reduce the mic volume, and perhaps mute it? If so I’m good.

Also, do you know if the battery having a charge is required, or if it has an isolated power supply via USB-C and will function irrespective of charge?

FYI for USA - Back in stock on Amazon, 109 price. ~2-3 week shipping

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #402 of 3,677
@ClieOS - thanks again! Did I read correctly that you can reduce the mic volume, and perhaps mute it? If so I’m good.

Also, do you know if the battery having a charge is required, or if it has an isolated power supply via USB-C and will function irrespective of charge?

FYI for USA - Back in stock on Amazon, 109 price. ~2-3 week shipping

I don't know anyway that can reduce or mute the mic volume on BTR5. The only volume you can change is the headphone volume as well as the notification volume.

Not fully understand of your 2nd question - Battery charging is select-able in setting. If you turn off charging and connect it as USB DAC, then it will use the battery power. For car mode, BTR5 will auto-power on/off depends on the power from your car USB port (which usually only powers up when you turn on your car).

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #403 of 3,677
Ah ok thanks, I thought I read that there was mic volume control in the FiiO app. So there is no way to control the mic volume if using TRRS?

Trying to understand if the Li-ion battery dies, is the unit still operable with a wired power source (USB-C).

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #405 of 3,677

Users who are viewing this thread

Back