[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #2,806 of 3,679
Thanks, I do have that cable and some other lightning cables. May I know if there is a need to adjust any settings (phone or fiio app) or just simply plug and play?

It should detect the BTR5/DAC and just work. You should turn charging off on the BTR5 to prevent power drain issues or warnings/errors.

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #2,809 of 3,679
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #2,811 of 3,679
I have SE846, and considering to add Solaris 2020. I'm curious : when do you use SE846, and when has Solaris preference? Thanks for your opinion.
I got some K10U, still have my SE846 and just stick with what I have now. I use my SE846 on short balance cable with a a BTR5. Use my K10U's wired

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #2,812 of 3,679
So, is this the 'best' for low latency gaming and movie watching?
My sources are my PC (intel Bluetooth 5), android phone and iPad.

I have a Jade Audio IEM but I'm planning to get either 7hz timeless or the etymotic E2XR for listening.
Would love good battery life like 10 hrs (is it too much?).

Thank you and have a great holiday and new year!

Dec 25, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #2,813 of 3,679
Don't know if it's "the best", but it's great for watching movies.
Games are a different tier, imo, which ofc depends on the games you want to play with. :wink:
Bluetooth isn't that great for something like FPS, i think.

My BTR5 lasts for approx. 8.5 hours straight with my FiiO iems playing music the whole duration.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #2,814 of 3,679
Don't know if it's "the best", but it's great for watching movies.
Games are a different tier, imo, which ofc depends on the games you want to play with. :wink:
Bluetooth isn't that great for something like FPS, i think.

My BTR5 lasts for approx. 8.5 hours straight with my FiiO iems playing music the whole duration.
Cool!
Thanks for the reply!

There is aptX LL support - thats why I mentioned games.
8.5 hrs is really good btw.

Dec 26, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #2,815 of 3,679
Cool!
Thanks for the reply!

There is aptX LL support - thats why I mentioned games.
8.5 hrs is really good btw.
Yes, i know.
I've made a test with my R28 and the BTR5 to check for the delay.

TV via optical into the R28/ bluetooth transmitter->BTR5 aptx LL.

While watching movies the delay isn't an issue when listening to the BTR5 alone.
But listening to them both simultaneously, it became obvious.

That's the reason i've mentioned the gaming thing. :wink:
Maybe with gaming, it's just the same for you like the movie thing is for me.

For me, especially on FPS, the slightly delay could make the difference of rise or fall. :)

Dec 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #2,816 of 3,679
I got a BTR5 for Christmas, and back it goes for a refund, BT range is too poor on anything above SBC imo, you have your phone in your left pocket and the BTR5 in the right packet and it cuts out from time to time, you hold it your hand in your coat pocket, cuts out, this device really needs to be clipped onto the same pocket your phone is in, and at that point I might as well just plug my IEM's into my phone!

What I don't get is with all my BT headphones, AKG Y50's, 3 models of Bowers and Wilkens, 2 sets of True wireless buds, I can walk around my whole apartment no issues with my phone left on the table, BTR5 you can barely move 10 feet in line of sight and it's cuts out.

Dec 26, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #2,817 of 3,679
I got a BTR5 for Christmas, and back it goes for a refund, BT range is too poor on anything above SBC imo, you have your phone in your left pocket and the BTR5 in the right packet and it cuts out from time to time, you hold it your hand in your coat pocket, cuts out, this device really needs to be clipped onto the same pocket your phone is in, and at that point I might as well just plug my IEM's into my phone!

What I don't get is with all my BT headphones, AKG Y50's, 3 models of Bowers and Wilkens, 2 sets of True wireless buds, I can walk around my whole apartment no issues with my phone left on the table, BTR5 you can barely move 10 feet in line of sight and it's cuts out.
From what i read, the cheaper BTR3K have better range.
And yes, my BTR5 loves to stutters, as i jog with BTR5 on my right pants pocket and my phone on my left jacket pockets.

Dec 26, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #2,818 of 3,679
FiiO products being the winner of Headfonia 2021 awards--BTR5 2021 is the winner of the 2021 Best Portable Wireless Adapter award, and BTA30 Pro the Best Desktop Wireless Adapter. Both of them are sincere upgrades respectively based on our previous BTR5 and BTA30. Again, thank you so much for your support. We will keep working hard.

https://www.headfonia.com/headfonia-2021-awards-part-2/2/

fiio-btr5-2021-review-1.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #2,819 of 3,679

Could it be that you received a lemon?
QC issues are common on some models!
Would you consider a replacement first?

I'm asking because I'm in the market for one and was looking at this model!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back