FiiO BTA30,Hi-Fi desktop bluetooth receiver&transmitter,RCA/Optical/Coaxial interface
Nov 18, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #108 of 584
Thank you for your reply. Nevertheless, is there a solution to remedy this possible problem ? It's about watching a movie on Plex
No problem, I got my bta30 today but didn't used it yet, gonna try it tonight, will tell how is the latency.
About the possible solutions for that, on pc there are video players that allow you to correct the latency but i don't think you can do it in the TV

Nov 18, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #109 of 584
Well, I just installed the bta30. First the great news: I managed to transmit LDAC via optical from my tv, ps4 and Soundblaster XG6, the sound was really good and the latency was low enough to enjoy movies or series without problems, this is a huge win for me because the Fiio M6 had terrible lag and was unusable for that purpose. I think that just for that the BTA30 is worth it.
Continuing with my first impressions, it's quite tricky to pair some devices. first, I paired my sonys WH 1000 xm3 without any problem, but took me like 2 mins to pair my bluemini for the Devas and I went mad trying to connect my BTR5. After 10 min trying I managed to do it.
Overall I think it has a great potential if they manage to offer LDAC via USB DAC.

PD: A question for the Fiio staff around here: Is there any app for the BTA30 to control it remotely? And is it possible to select the LDAC codec quality like you can do on Android?. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_233338.jpg
    IMG_20201118_233338.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201118_133815.jpg
    IMG_20201118_133815.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #110 of 584
Not staff, but the Fii0 Control app was updated last week to be compatible (iOS and Android). Assume is only works in RX mode. Apparently you can select the codec priority on the app.
...waiting for mine (in Canada Customs).

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #111 of 584
Not staff, but the Fii0 Control app was updated last week to be compatible (iOS and Android). Assume is only works in RX mode. Apparently you can select the codec priority on the app.
...waiting for mine (in Canada Customs).
Thanks mate, you were right, to connect to the app you must be on RX mode. Once connected you can chose the codec priority for BT transmission. I guess those settings will be saved and apply for TX.
Anyways, customs are the worse...
I think that you are going to like the BTA30 as long as you don't pretend to use it as a USB dac exclusively.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #112 of 584
About using the BTA30 with the app, Fiio Willson from Fiio just said this in other thread:

"1, When BTA30 is power on, select RX or DAC mode, it can connect to your phone. At this point you can set the options in TX mode through the app, and these options will be saved.
2, When BTA30 is selected TX mode, it can not connect to your phone,because the phone is generally considered to be a transmitting or control device."

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #113 of 584
I am really interested in this product and I plan to use the BTA30 with my computer, however, my computer only has USB connections. I found this product:

1605868546294.png

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001010171187.html

Which in theory would let me use the BTA30 with the coaxial input, control the volume, and transmit LDAC to my headphones. Does any one have experience with these type of adapters that converts USB to Coaxial? I am usually not a big fan of adapters and this particular one seems really compact compared to other solutions I have seen, but who ones, maybe it is the workaround to transmit LDAC.

Nov 20, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #114 of 584
Well, I just installed the bta30. First the great news: I managed to transmit LDAC via optical from my tv, ps4 and Soundblaster XG6, the sound was really good and the latency was low enought to enjoy movies or series without problems, this is a huge win for me because the Fiio M6 had terrible lag and was unusable for that purpose. I think that just for that the BTA30 is worth it.
Continuing with my first impressions, it's quite tricky to pair some devices. first, I paired my sonys WH 1000 xm3 without any problem, but took me like 2 mins to pair my bluemini for the Devas and I went mad trying to connect my BTR5. After 10 min trying I managed to do it.
Overall I think it has a great potential if they manage to offer LDAC via USB DAC.

PD: A question for the Fiio staff around here: Is there any app for the BTA30 to control it remotely? And is it possible to select the LDAC codec quality like you can do on Android?. Thanks in advance.

congratulations Tano, and thanks for sharing all of your learnings and experiences.

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #116 of 584
Wow! I've been waiting for a product to allow LDAC TX from my pc and access my 14TB library of hi-res files. I had a Hiby but the range was limited strictly to line of sight. The BTA30 remains connected through 2 walls using LDAC! I'm connected to the EH3 and have experienced very few connection issues. IDK what rate the LDAC is using 660 or 990 but it is definitely better then Hiby R3 (which cost 2x). Fiio rules! (Now, if you could just do a true wireless set of buds, that also do LDAC, I'd be eternally grateful!)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #118 of 584
I’m waiting, probably in vain, for a Black Friday deal, but either way pulling the trigger this month. Definitely jinxed it for being sold out now 😅
Don't think they gonna go on sale soon because it's a new product and It's cheap already but I don't think they are going to sell out either. So far seems that are worth every penny.

Nov 23, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #120 of 584
Well, I just installed the bta30. First the great news: I managed to transmit LDAC via optical from my tv, ps4 and Soundblaster XG6, the sound was really good and the latency was low enough to enjoy movies or series without problems, this is a huge win for me because the Fiio M6 had terrible lag and was unusable for that purpose. I think that just for that the BTA30 is worth it.

Dear friend,

The FiiO Control app could change some settings for the BTA30.

And for more information, you could read this FAQ for help:

How to control BTA30 through FiiO Control App?

https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/459928.html

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back