Fiio Andes (E07K) VS. Fiio E17: What's the difference, and how does it sway the amateur audiophile?
Jan 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #17 of 76
Quote:
Guys I think the OP means the new E07k, which is an upgrade to the original E7.  Here is a review that should help you compare the two.

Can someone clarify this paragraph from the review:

Regarding compatibility the latest FiiO update makes things pretty clear. Most all of the E7/E07k will work with the E9/E09k except for production models prior to September 2012 and you can visit www.fiio.com.cn to check out how to find out if your E09k is an older or newer model. The older ones according to FiiO have “noise issues”. I cant confirm that sadly as my E9 is long since gone but thankfully the E09k will take it just fine.

I can't find any more info on this

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #18 of 76
So, I'm also newbie in lets say Audiophile World :)
I have just ordered Sennheiser HD 598.
Well, I should say that my budget is not big. I'm going to buy Fiio E07K.
I don't need SPDIF Input at all.
I want to listen through my HD 598 on my bed, or sofa or something like that, mainly at home.
But I may take my cans outside, during the travel, or holiday.

It's just interesting for me:
Is there enough difference just in sound quality between E07K and E17, that I can hear clearly and that this difference will worth for the $50, which is difference of prices between these models?
I mean, sound quality difference between these models worth for $50?

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #19 of 76
Quote:
So, I'm also newbie in lets say Audiophile World :)
I have just ordered Sennheiser HD 598.
Well, I should say that my budget is not big. I'm going to buy Fiio E07K.
I don't need SPDIF Input at all.
I want to listen through my HD 598 on my bed, or sofa or something like that, mainly at home.
But I may take my cans outside, during the travel, or holiday.

It's just interesting for me:
Is there enough difference just in sound quality between E07K and E17, that I can hear clearly and that this difference will worth for the $50, which is difference of prices between these models?
I mean, sound quality difference between these models worth for $50?

Is it only for portable use?

if that's the case, have you looked at just a headphone amp? (not DAC/Amp combo)

I currently use the E07K exclusively for portable use, and kinda wish that it was a little bit simpler (IE just a volume knob and on/off switch). 

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #21 of 76
Yes, I'm going to use portable amplifier, and I searched over internet and lets be honest, Fiio E07K and E17 are the most recommended models,
You mentioned that I may find only amplifier which will be suitable for me in the portability point of view.
Could you recommend the amplifier models for my HD 598, which will be able to show me the full power of my cans?
Also, I have red the articles on this site in which the users say that amplifier is needed in case of audiophile headphones too, in order to come headphones more close to life.
They recommend mainly Fiio E07K or E17 and I saw the comparation of these models in official site. the sound quality is almost the same, especially for such a level of impedance which HD 598 has (50 ohm). I mean, E07K is recommended for headphones with 
16~150Ω impedance. ​
That's way I think that
 ​
E07K will easily handle HD 598 and show its full sound.
I will use my HD 598 for listening music through my Iphone.
so, I think support of 24 bit / 96 Khz is also not useful for me.
But the sound quality is the most important thing for me. That's way I decided to buy E07K or E17.
I've seen also Fiio E6 which is also high rated amplifier at amazon.com. But I'm not sure that with this model HD 598 will show its full potential.
I may wait a short time, hear the recommendations about my choice :).

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #22 of 76
I searched over internet and found, that DAC function is actually external sound card, what I don't need at all. I have internal Sound Blaster audigy 24/96 and it's pretty good.
I really need Portable Headphone Amplifier, on Fiio's official site there is 3 good models available: E6, E11 and E12.
I will probably choose one of them.
If someone has recommendation in Portable Headphone Amplifiers, feel free to give this advice :)

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #23 of 76
I searched over internet and found, that DAC function is actually external sound card, what I don't need at all. I have internal Sound Blaster audigy 24/96 and it's pretty good.
I really need Portable Headphone Amplifier, on Fiio's official site there is 3 good models available: E6, E11 and E12.
I will probably choose one of them.
If someone has recommendation in Portable Headphone Amplifiers, feel free to give this advice :)

If you can swing it, I would suggest going for the E12. From it's specs and topology, it looks like a top performer.

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #26 of 76
thanks people for giving advices, I also think that E12 would be better.
I only need the understand - how much is the difference between E12 and E07K, only as headphone amplifiers?

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 76
Quote:
thanks people for giving advices, I also think that E12 would be better.
I only need the understand - how much is the difference between E12 and E07K, only as headphone amplifiers?

The amp section of the E07K(from what I've read) is bit warmer than neutral, while the E12's is more neutral with a much larger power output.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #28 of 76
Quote:
Is the E12 already available?

The 598 really doesn't need amping at all.  They're pretty efficient.  I personally think getting an amp as powerful as the e12 would be overkill.

Also, the E12 is shipping now only to those lucky few who get to review all the new toys.  The E12 wont be available to the average customer until late February, March, or April according to this first impression vid from one of our fellow head-fi members: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk2vCfuWWL0

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #29 of 76
There is one E12 for sale on ebay for 200 dollars which is a bit much, also one thing to note one the E07 vs the E11 is the seperate bass and treble controls and 1 more gain selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back