Fiio A3 dead battery... now back to life
Jun 2, 2020 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Denkis

New Head-Fier
I had the battery die on my Fiio A3, but after leaving it alone for about 1 month now it started charging like normal again. Prior to that I was leaving it switched on overnight without the charger plugged in and drained the battery. It happened many times a week, and during the daytime I charged it for a few hours at a time max, then uplugged it again (due to the static noise from my PC via USB, see my thread). This is the worst thing you can do for your battery. I didn't expect the battery to die on me after just a couple of weeks though.

I tried charging it every few days or so, but it wouldn't charge. Then I left it alone for maybe 2 or 3 weeks without plugging it in once, and that seems to have done the trick. I'm using a phone charger now, rated at 1 ampere, and I'm keeping it plugged in. There's no static noise. This is the better option since I can't remember to turn off the amp when I'm not using it.

I couldn't get it replaced because when I scratched the serial number thing for the warranty, I was too rough and ended up scratching all the numbers off.

Just wanted to share this in case anyone ends up having the same problem.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 2
I couldn't get it replaced because when I scratched the serial number thing for the warranty, I was too rough and ended up scratching all the numbers off.

That reminds me a guy I know who worked the late shift at an auto parts store.

In all seriousness and I'm sure this could be a flameworthy statement but my practice is to leave any rechargeable device plugged in as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back