FiiO 2023 New Product Schedule
May 7, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #136 of 497
May 9, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #137 of 497
Hi, I have read a couple of conflicting comments around the net, so just to confirm, is the upcoming utws15 expected to have any bt chipset/codec/tech etc upgrades? I'm eyeing the newly released bt20xs because it has bluetooth 5.3, but I'd like to see if the utws15 will be worth the wait. I assume there will be some changes from all the negative reports I've read on reliability on the current model, but I wonder if there'll be improvement rather than just fixes (unless that's exactly what the utws15 is meant to be?)

May 9, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #138 of 497
Hi, I have read a couple of conflicting comments around the net, so just to confirm, is the upcoming utws15 expected to have any bt chipset/codec/tech etc upgrades? I'm eyeing the newly released bt20xs because it has bluetooth 5.3, but I'd like to see if the utws15 will be worth the wait. I assume there will be some changes from all the negative reports I've read on reliability on the current model, but I wonder if there'll be improvement rather than just fixes (unless that's exactly what the utws15 is meant to be?)
I recall reading the internals of the utws15 would provide similar performance when compared to utws5 and no need for existing utws5 owners to upgrade. The utws15 focuses mainly on the physical redesign, giving more depth for iems with different tips.

I cannot recall where I read this tho. Maybe @FiiO can confirm.

May 9, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #139 of 497
I recall reading the internals of the utws15 would provide similar performance when compared to utws5 and no need for existing utws5 owners to upgrade. The utws15 focuses mainly on the physical redesign, giving more depth for iems with different tips.

I cannot recall where I read this tho. Maybe @FiiO can confirm.

In this thread actually. See below:

1. UTWS15 ((NEW), expected to be available in the fall
The UTWS15 is the upgrade model of the UTWS5. The core architecture of the UTWS5 is still the one with the best sound quality among TWS products, because ordinary TWS products still choose the integrated DAC, which has weaker audio performance than the independent HiFi DAC used in the UTWS5. Even for the new TWS from vivo, we later got to know it used an independent DAC because it is attached to the noise cancellation function, but not using it for better sound quality like us.
So, the main progress of the UTWS15 is in some details of the experience, such as the size and weight of the charging case, the size and weight of the ear hook, as well as the new design of the contact connection. Old UTWS5 users are not necessary to upgrade it.

May 9, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #140 of 497
Jun 6, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #143 of 497
Any news of the planar, the tribird or the R9?

Im gonna spend some money on the FH7s .Ive tried lately and Im really impressed, is better than FH7... And that's a big statement
FH7S is my daily driver super impressive and yes much better than the FH7 IMO :relaxed:

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #144 of 497
FH7S is my daily driver super impressive and yes much better than the FH7 IMO :relaxed:
That bass my fried, and the relaxed highs with the "open" sensation make them a better overall pick to me.

Also, Ive been trying back and forth the FH5... and FiiO creates a special tuning with that iem also

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #145 of 497
That bass my fried, and the relaxed highs with the "open" sensation make them a better overall pick to me.

Also, Ive been trying back and forth the FH5... and FiiO creates a special tuning with that iem also
100% agree big call I know but I prefer the FH7S over the FH9 for that very reason relaxed highs which are great for treble sensitive people like me and more forward mid bass than the FH9 which is more suited to the genre's that I listen to :relaxed:. Not a fan of the FH5 though personally..

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #146 of 497
100% agree big call I know but I prefer the FH7S over the FH9 for that very reason relaxed highs which are great for treble sensitive people like me and more forward mid bass than the FH9 which is more suited to the genre's that I listen to :relaxed:. Not a fan of the FH5 though personally..
Im a midbass lover. So FH7s is a gem for that. The Tube-bass design make the bass enjoyable as hell.

FH5s with UTWS5 is a nice team, I use them for EDM and I love the combo.

Hope the tribird and the planar reach a similar level of performance of FH7s.

Btw, is you want an analitycal and long bass, FA7s is one of the best fullBA on the price range (I prefer them over SA6 OG)

Jun 7, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #147 of 497
Any news of the planar, the tribird or the R9?

Im gonna spend some money on the FH7s .Ive tried lately and Im really impressed, is better than FH7... And that's a big statement
Dear friend,

Thanks for your interest in our product.
1. Planar headphone: No estimated time currently.
2. Tribird headphone: At about July if everything goes well.
3. R9: In the end of this year if everything goes well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 7, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #148 of 497
Dear friend,

Thanks for your interest in our product.
1. Planar headphone: No estimated time currently.
2. Tribird headphone: At about July if everything goes well.
3. R9: In the end of this year if everything goes well.

Best regards
How abt the FA19? Looking forward to it after having the FA9 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Back