FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jun 3, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #514 of 803
I spot this: the μBTR (which I don't remember seeing on the website before).
Nice!

"Independent volume control" - is this really a feature that people want? IMO it's much more convenient, if the volume on the BT receiver is fixed and the volume buttons adjust the volume via Bluetooth. Yes, some devices out there have very large volume steps, so you could end up with the lower selection too low and the next higher level is too high for you. But okay...

No aptX HD or LDAC or whatever, but for the price of $32.99 per unit, this really could be a nice accessory.

There are no specs on the site yet, but does it say something about the headphone jack output impedance somewhere?

If FiiO can produce a nice little BT DAC/Amp like the uBTR and sell it at that cost, I'm really hopeful about the higher end of devices, which will be released at some stage, surely.

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #515 of 803
Nice!

"Independent volume control" - is this really a feature that people want? IMO it's much more convenient, if the volume on the BT receiver is fixed and the volume buttons adjust the volume via Bluetooth. Yes, some devices out there have very large volume steps, so you could end up with the lower selection too low and the next higher level is too high for you. But okay...

No aptX HD or LDAC or whatever, but for the price of $32.99 per unit, this really could be a nice accessory.

There are no specs on the site yet, but does it say something about the headphone jack output impedance somewhere?

If FiiO can produce a nice little BT DAC/Amp like the uBTR and sell it at that cost, I'm really hopeful about the higher end of devices, which will be released at some stage, surely.

No surprise it's more expensive than the $15 quoted earlier (that would've been insane). Volume Control + built in microphone is actually pretty nice.

Would also like to know output impedance as well as output power @ 16+32 Ohms and SNR. Might have to pick some up for family.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #517 of 803
Jun 5, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #518 of 803
I sold my BTR1 as it did not have AAC support and needed funds for another purchase, but I could leave my phone and walk about 20 meters way without loss of signal, this only occurred when I turned a corner to go into the toilet!!!

I miss my BTR1, but am waiting on the release details / price of the BTR3 before deciding what to do.

Jun 5, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #519 of 803
I sold my BTR1 as it did not have AAC support and needed funds for another purchase, but I could leave my phone and walk about 20 meters way without loss of signal, this only occurred when I turned a corner to go into the toilet!!!

I miss my BTR1, but am waiting on the release details / price of the BTR3 before deciding what to do.

Version 2 has AAC support. Though I'm still trying to find out who sells them in the US. Amazon EU sells them apparently

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #520 of 803

:gs1000smile:Stay tuned!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #521 of 803
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #524 of 803
Okay, now I DO have a question: when using the BTR1 at lower volume, there is a very clear and present distortion / hissing sound. Music and speech turn into artifacts. This is gone when you turn up the volume, but for example quietly listening to podcasts seems impossible. Other BT devices work flawlessly. Checked with multiple headphones.

Is this normal?

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #525 of 803
How low is “low volume?” I’m listening to a podcast now and I have no issues with distortion or anything right down to volumes so low that I can’t really hear anything at all...

Actually, if I turn the volume down to one all I hear is dead silence.

This is on my iPhone 7 btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back