FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jul 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 803
Looking forward to this. Would be nice to have one with a screen displaying current track info and other details akin to the Audio Technica AT-PHA05BT
maxresdefault.jpg

Or the Sony SBH-54
IMG_20160131_1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 803
for me.. dont feel like it convenience to use... prefer the design of sony muc-m2bt1.

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #23 of 803
Extremely interested on this one! I've been looking for a bluetooth receiver which understands in-line controls since forever - pretty sure the BTR1 is the first one supporting them.

Any updates on a release date? Estimated price?
Amplifier info?
Will it support in-line mics as well?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #24 of 803
I'm interested in this product, but I'd like to make sure I know how it works. Let's say I have an X7 in DAC mode attached to my computer. Would I be able to hook up my UM Pro 50s to this and use bluetooth to connect to the X7? I've been looking for a bluetooth option so I can move back and forth between my computer and elsewhere while on my IEMs, but I'm not sure I want to get the Westone bluetooth cable...

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #25 of 803
@Unfie - no, as the X7 (to best of my knowledge) is like the E5 and can only receive and not transmit. You'll need a separate BT Tx. This is how I'm setup using E5:

In above, E5 is connected to PC via USB then one headphone out goes to the push button switcher (so I can easily turn speakers on/off since my Media Pro's don't have a power button) and the other headphone out goes to splitter (for A/B testing purposes) which in this scenario was connected to two different BT Tx/Rx - Avantree's Priva II & Mixcder's TR008. This way, I can also utilize the E5's EQ & effects as well and be able to listen to both headphones and speakers to detect latency when testing cans with aptX LL.

Really wish the E5 had native BT Tx though [hint hint, maybe Fiio can produce an all-in-one device that supports this? ;0)]

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #26 of 803
... connected to two different BT Tx/Rx - Avantree's Priva II & Mixcder's TR008

I had that setup as well. I had background hiss at low volume on the Priva though, especially when there's silence (highly annoying with movie watching). I picked up the Avantree Oasis which has digital in - totally solved any background issues.

Now just looking to replace the E5 with the FiiO because the E5 is way too heavy to stick onto any headphones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back