FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Apr 17, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #467 of 803
Apr 18, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #469 of 803
I really like my BTR1 - I have the AK XB10 as well and while I think the sound quality is slightly better with the AK - overall the BTR is the one I use more often as it's more reliable, has better battery life and feels more robust.

Update: Forgot to mention, that I am on conference calls a lot and I use the BTR1 to convert my non-mic-cabled IEMs into a headset with which I can make all my calls with freedom to run around hands free.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #470 of 803
What about the clip? Can we say it's ''sports compatible''? As I stated before my old sony sbh50 had a useless clip with adidas thirsts as it will slide out on thin textures, so imagine your BT module flying while doing your jogging

Apr 19, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #471 of 803
What about the clip? Can we say it's ''sports compatible''? As I stated before my old sony sbh50 had a useless clip with adidas thirsts as it will slide out on thin textures, so imagine your BT module flying while doing your jogging

As I stated before, the clip is not very strong, and wouldn't fare well with your thin shirts. You could try adding a rubber band around the midsection of the BTR1, which would introduce a tighter clip fit along with some friction to help keep it in place. Or like I do, clip it vertically into your waistband, and skip attaching to the the shirt altogether.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #472 of 803

Well, it's not "skiing in powder and wiping out" compatible (that's how I lost mine - dum dum I know!). So no, I wouldn't consider it "sports compatible". Having said that, it had quite a good clip for normal use. I wish the bt receiver that I'm using now had a clip as good as the btr1's.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #473 of 803
Mine is going pretty good for running or moderate exercise. As far as clips go, I find it pretty good, and there is always the lanyard as an option too.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #474 of 803
Mine is going pretty good for running or moderate exercise. As far as clips go, I find it pretty good, and there is always the lanyard as an option too.

I agree. Not "extreme sports" compatible, but quite good otherwise.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #475 of 803
Well geeze, maybe I got one with a bum clip... I wear it pretty much every day at work, and have nearly lost it down the toilet several times from it falling off my shirt. Fortunately the headphone cable saves it from a watery death, but needless to say, I'm not exercising in the bathroom, lol.

Apr 19, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #476 of 803
Well geeze, maybe I got one with a bum clip... I wear it pretty much every day at work, and have nearly lost it down the toilet several times from it falling off my shirt. Fortunately the headphone cable saves it from a watery death, but needless to say, I'm not exercising in the bathroom, lol.

I think that exercising in the bathroom would fall under the "extreme sports" category lol

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #477 of 803

I workout with the BTR1 and I do some calisthenics moves that I go upside down and have never had the clip come off my shirt. I wear just T-shirts to the gym.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #478 of 803
No clip, no go!
Indeed, friend.

And what on earth were they thinking when they created this way too fast slideshow with pictures of horrible quality at the top?? This screams "go away, no money to lose here". It's so bad, I almost want to send them an email about it...

edit: @daid1 But thanks for posting anyway. I'm always grateful for hints about new products, even if they're not perfect, so please keep posting, if you find anything. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #479 of 803
Indeed, friend.

And what on earth were they thinking when they created this way too fast slideshow with pictures of horrible quality at the top?? This screams "go away, no money to lose here". It's so bad, I almost want to send them an email about it...

No point in sending them an email - it's like sending an email into a black hole. That's why I like dealing with Fiio and Radsone - much better customer service, responsiveness, and participation here at headfi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back