FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Mar 11, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #391 of 803
By the way, the situation of two new products.

BTR0.jpg
μBTR,price about 15USD, CSR8645, aptX. (June)

----
BTR3.jpg

BTR3-2.jpg
BTR3,size like BTR1, price about 69USD, CSR8675, aptXHD, LDAC.
(June)

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #392 of 803

15USD? Did I read that right? Wow.

How will it compare to the BTR1 feature and soundwise?

Either way, if it's truly going to be around 15USD, I have a feeling Fiio might sell a few of them lol

(June)

And probably a few of the BTR3's as well!

Kudos Fiio!

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #393 of 803
15USD? Did I read that right? Wow.

How will it compare to the BTR1 feature and soundwise?

Either way, if it's truly going to be around 15USD, I have a feeling Fiio might sell a few of them lol

And probably a few of the BTR3's as well!

Kudos Fiio!

MicroBTR at a microPrice. At that price, I have christmas gifts for all.

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #394 of 803
I bought the BTR1 and it works and the sound quality is good but there are definitely some things I do not like about it. Good thing is all these things seem to be software/chipset choices:

1) Volume up/down sounds are pretty annoying. Personal preference but I would really like to disable all sounds. I would definitely rather have no feedback than auditory feedback over top of my music/audiobook/etc. Maybe think about including a vibrator for feedback instead.

2) When the BTR1 connects to more than one device and then you walk out of range of one of them there is an annoying beep that interrupts the audio frequently forever until you come back into range. I rarely come back into range of my laptop when I drive into town. I have to turn on and off the BTR1 again hurting my listening experience. I really don't need to know that a device has disconnected continuously. I would rather not know at all. As your company is not a professional headset company I would expect your defaults to be towards the best listening experience instead of other notification features?

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #396 of 803
I bought the BTR1 and it works and the sound quality is good but there are definitely some things I do not like about it. Good thing is all these things seem to be software/chipset choices:

1) Volume up/down sounds are pretty annoying. Personal preference but I would really like to disable all sounds. I would definitely rather have no feedback than auditory feedback over top of my music/audiobook/etc. Maybe think about including a vibrator for feedback instead.

2) When the BTR1 connects to more than one device and then you walk out of range of one of them there is an annoying beep that interrupts the audio frequently forever until you come back into range. I rarely come back into range of my laptop when I drive into town. I have to turn on and off the BTR1 again hurting my listening experience. I really don't need to know that a device has disconnected continuously. I would rather not know at all. As your company is not a professional headset company I would expect your defaults to be towards the best listening experience instead of other notification features?

I second this. Especially the problem number 2. I mean what's the point of notifying if your second device is out of range? You can't use it in range anyway. Unless you disconnect to the first device.

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #397 of 803

----

(June)

AFAIK, Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is integrated into CSR8675. Moreover, i think BTR3 will also have a mic. So, i am just wondering if BTR3 has ANC.

And i am quite keen to hear any development regarding BTR5 as well.

Mar 12, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #399 of 803
Now that airplay doesn't require a router and it is possible to make a direct connection, how about a BTR5 with airplay 2 support?
Or maybe just a Q1 iii with airplay 2
From what I know Airplay 2 is still 100% wifi and doesn't include anything regarding bluetooth audio.
While it could be great in some cases it will be a mess to switch wifi network constantly...

FAIK, Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is integrated into CSR8675. Moreover, i think BTR3 will also have a mic. So, i am just wondering if BTR3 has ANC.

And i am quite keen to hear any development regarding BTR5 as well.
I'm afraid ANC needs microphone mounted directly on the earphone/headphone to calculate the right phase canceling. It's not possible with a separate microphone constantly moving relative to your head. I don't think it's really possible to "add" ANC when it's not built-in.

Personally I'm waiting to find an AAC bluetooth receiver since months. Finally I started waiting after the BTR1 to be compatible and now I'm waiting after the BTR3 or BTR5. Please hurry up @demond I can't wait :o2smile:

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #400 of 803

Dear friend,

For the first choice you mentioned, because of different culture, most users would prefer the tips sound instead. Vibrator is not enabled in the BTR1.
We did receive some feedback like the second one you mentioned. However, we failed to reproduce it. So we are afraid maybe the test condition is different. BTR1 has connected to device1 and 2, and when device 1 and BTR1 is far away from the device 2, you would receive the double beep? What's the two devices you are connecting? How far away? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #402 of 803
I recently received the version 2. I noticed an improvement in connection. Before it cutout even just touching the body of BTR1. (I'm using iPhone 7 btw). Maybe because of the AAC codec? Or did they upgraded something else?

Mar 14, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #403 of 803
I recently received the version 2. I noticed an improvement in connection. Before it cutout even just touching the body of BTR1. (I'm using iPhone 7 btw). Maybe because of the AAC codec? Or did they upgraded something else?
There's no other adjustment, maybe a few cases.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #405 of 803
BT3 looks really nice. I am goign to preorder one as soon as its avalable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back