FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Feb 27, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #363 of 803
Great news for people who held back buying the BTR1 because of the lack of AAC support. It seems that FiiO has released a ver. 2.0 with AAC support! I don't have access to a Mac to completely confirm it, so it would be nice if someone from FiiO could confirm that it is indeed true.

I have bought it from Advanced MP3 Players through Amazon UK for anyone wondering.

aiujMeI.jpg

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #365 of 803
If this has changed, can FIiO enable AAC on older models via firmware update?

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #366 of 803
I bought mine in Jan 29 but no mention of AAC.

It might be only the lastest shipment that has AAC enabled. Bought it on Amazon because i saw that there was a new 3rd party seller, which sold it for £10 cheaper, so it would not surprise me if they just got a new shipment in last week.

If this has changed, can FIiO enable AAC on older models via firmware update?

I think that is very unlikely. If it was possible they would probably have released an update a long time ago. I think it depends on whether or not the chipset supports firmware updates over USB, and if the USB data lines are even connected to it.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #367 of 803
Great news for people who held back buying the BTR1 because of the lack of AAC support. It seems that FiiO has released a ver. 2.0 with AAC support! I don't have access to a Mac to completely confirm it, so it would be nice if someone from FiiO could confirm that it is indeed true.

I have bought it from Advanced MP3 Players through Amazon UK for anyone wondering.

aiujMeI.jpg

Wow that's a big feature to add without any prior notice.

Feb 27, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #368 of 803
That’s very sad that they do such things silently. It would be nice that they at least would anounce that here, on this forum, where people are interested in the product and care about it. The communication from FiiO feels very similar with the original version of the BTR1 where they had listed the AAC support but it was actually disabled. I guess they finally got their certification so they can finally enable the AAC.

But what about us who bought the version 1 of the BTR1? I have bought 3 of those and now I have to replace all of them since I use only iOS devices. I really feel disappointed now as I felt in the beginning when I had to investigate myself to find out that the version 1 did not support the AAC. And we explicitly asked at the time if the support is comming in the future. They did not give a straight answer. They do not care about their customers. What a shame..

Feb 27, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #369 of 803
I discovered one annoyance with the BTR1. When you have it set up to be connected to two devices simultaneously, if you then lose connection to one of them, you get this repeated audio-double-beep notification from then on, until it re-connects to the lost device or you turn off/on the BTR1.

Simple use case: I have set up BTR1 to be connected to my iPhone and iPad. When I preparing to leave home, I turn on the BTR1, it then connects to the iPhone and iPad. Clip the BTR1 to my shirt, put-on winter jacket, start playing on the iPhone and then leave home. As soon as it looses connection to the iPad, it starts double-beeping. Then I have to turn off/on the BTR1 to stop it double-beeping which is annoying when the BTR1 is not easily reachable.

FiiO: is this behaviour (constant double-beeping) is by design? Is it possible to turn this off somehow?

You are so right! At first I didn't know what was going on!. Have you discovered any fix for this glitch?

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #375 of 803
Where are you guys ordering ver 2.0 from?

When I ordered my BTR1 from Amazon UK (From a vendor from Scotland) last week, I didn't realise about the AAC issue, I am happy that the one that I received is indeed V2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back