FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest--Edit 2015-10-23: FiiO X7 awarded to Brandan Lynch
Oct 15, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #346 of 428
Damn why is Revel and Rhythm already taken by a speaker/subwoofer company

Never mind.

Last Try:
Tunes You Always Tune In To. / Tunes To Always Tune In To.
Perhaps my cheesiest attempt, and doesn't quite convey the "endless fun" meaning in the same way as the Chinese slogan, but hey, that's the ultimate play on 音乐 and 乐.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #347 of 428
FiiO - Music evolved, infinite playtime
FiiO - Music evolved, endless playtime
FiiO - Sound evolved, infinite playtime
FiiO - Sound evolved, endless playtime

FiiO - Infinite playtime
FiiO - Endless playtime

Returning to @Brooko's earlier "It's playtime" concept, which was good, but not very in line with the original slogan and stated descriptive aims of the company, these slogans add the concept of the infinite or endless to playtime (a nice subtle musical and action allusion), while capturing the path and pathos of FiiO. FiiO showcases the evolution of music, gifting us infinite capacity for play.

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #348 of 428
  FiiO - Music evolved, infinite playtime
FiiO - Music evolved, endless playtime
FiiO - Sound evolved, infinite playtime
FiiO - Sound evolved, endless playtime

FiiO - Infinite playtime
FiiO - Endless playtime

Returning to @Brooko's earlier "It's playtime" concept, which was good, but not very in line with the original slogan and stated descriptive aims of the company, these slogans add the concept of the infinite or endless to playtime (a nice subtle musical and action allusion), while capturing the path and pathos of FiiO. FiiO showcases the evolution of music, gifting us infinite capacity for play.

Here's the thing though - what might translate quite well in Chinese - doesn't necessarily work well in English.  I've seen a lot of people try to use variations of "Music, Endless Fun" - but it simply doesn't sound right in English.

Fiio can settle for something literal that sounds weird in the Western World.  Or they can use something which has a much looser link to their original slogan (It's Playtime) but sounds better.

There have been some quite good slogans here which are short, catchy, and actually convey what Fiio is about far better than the more literal ones.

Up to them in the end.  But if I was expanding in the West - I sure as heck wouldn't want to use something that a lot of people look at, and go - "that sounds weird".

(BTW - I work in marketing - so I sort of have a bit of knowledge on this.  We actually had to do an entire rebrand/refresh for our own Company a while back)

Oct 15, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #349 of 428
How about stealing a high-end competitor's "mojo" on the morning after their big announcement?

FiiO - Music evolved, mobile joy

On another note, I'd ditch any slogans over six words. They just don't make good ad copy. The best ad copy always seems to be about five words or less. I also agree with Brooko on not necessarily going literal translation, he nailed it above. I also think the Chinese slogan does a poor job of conveying what FiiO does with regard to the music. "Music, endless fun" isn't about FiiO, it is about the music, FiiO isn't even indirectly involved as there are only nouns and adjectives and no verbs or adverbs. FiiO doesn't make the music endless fun. An improvement on the Chinese would be "make music endless fun" as then there is agency involved, FiiO is the implied actor rather than an uninvolved observer of the natural properties of music. Maybe I'm missing something about Chinese culture and the original slogan resonates and has more meaning in Chinese, but I'm not a huge fan of the Chinese slogan directly transliterated.

To that effect:

FiiO - Make music endless fun

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #350 of 428
FIIO, have it your way.

What fun is when you can not customize or understand/work the UI, play your files high res (have to reencode, ...), ... very frustating, this is why I thing this fits making the consumer in charge and subjecting a no boundary product(s).

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #352 of 428
  FIIO, have it your way.

What fun is when you can not customize or understand/work the UI, play your files high res (have to reencode, ...), ... very frustating, this is why I thing this fits making the consumer in charge and subjecting a no boundary product(s).

FiiO = Burger King

I don't know if I'd do that even if there weren't intellectual property issues.

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #353 of 428
I am not american and don't know about burger king (slogan), I don't think this would apply here, Fiio is not fast food or a company that could get confused with them.

Otherwise : Fiio, Dream it your way or Make it your way.

Oct 15, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #354 of 428
1. FiiO- Put the fun back in music.
(Goes along with the Chinese character of fun being the last character of music, as well as English meaning of: making listening to music fun again with a great device.)

2. FiiO- for infinate music, we create endless fun.

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #355 of 428
I am going to give this another go:

Fiio - Feel the music

Wonder what music feels like? - Fiio

We love music - Fiio

Hear it. Feel it. 

We love music. Music loves Fiio.

Products for the music lover - Fiio

If you like music you like us - Fiio.

Experience music at its best - Fiio.

Feel the music again - Fiio.

The true HiFi expererience - Fiio.

Don't say music, say Fiio.

Do you have a Fiio? - Explanation; this would make the reader wonder what Fiio is. It doesn't scream music at first, but can led the reader discover for himself what Fiio is.

The feeling of Hifi - Fiio.

Don't stop the music - Fiio.

Hifi in your pocket - Fiio.

Rediscover music - Fiio. 

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #357 of 428
FiiO...music...fun times!

FiiO...Music and fun times!

FiiO...for the Fun times!

FiiO...Fun times!

FiiO...Funtimes!

FiiO Funtime!

FiiO -- Music...your fun...our calling (or purpose or pursuit or mission or goal or life or or life's work or quest)

FiiO Music -- have some fun!

FiiO Music...a joy forever.

FiiO Music...Forever Joyful!

FiiO -- music...a joy forever!

FiiO makes music...a joy forever!

FiiO...Listen!

FiiO -- Listen...

And...in honor of one of my favorite bands growing up
FiiO...Listen to the Music!
FiiO...Let the Music Play!
FiiO...Dance your blues away!

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5bjftDHIXA[/VIDEO]

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #358 of 428
Here's the thing though - what might translate quite well in Chinese - doesn't necessarily work well in English.  I've seen a lot of people try to use variations of "Music, Endless Fun" - but it simply doesn't sound right in English.

Fiio can settle for something literal that sounds weird in the Western World.  Or they can use something which has a much looser link to their original slogan (It's Playtime) but sounds better.

There have been some quite good slogans here which are short, catchy, and actually convey what Fiio is about far better than the more literal ones.

Up to them in the end.  But if I was expanding in the West - I sure as heck wouldn't want to use something that a lot of people look at, and go - "that sounds weird".

(BTW - I work in marketing - so I sort of have a bit of knowledge on this.  We actually had to do an entire rebrand/refresh for our own Company a while back)

I would second this - I come from a nation that speaks at least 2 languages and forced translation can leave a truly awkward impression. Translating and staying faithful to the original remains a two edged sword but also a work of art as well. Good luck everyone. Stop spamming! Lol

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #360 of 428
FiiO - Focusing on Freedom

FiiO - Listening Loud

FiiO - Crystal Clear

FiiO - Listen Loud & Crystal Clear

FiiO - Service for Sound

FiiO - You deserve it.

FiiO - Elate your Fate

FiiO - Hear with Soul, Play with Heart

FiiO - Free your Fantasies

FiiO - Make Audio Amazing

Users who are viewing this thread