FIIL Diva & Diva PRO Impression and Discussion Thread - Premium Headsets by Chinese Rock Star
Sep 25, 2016 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Paulus XII

Formerly known as FW214b
This was one of the headphones that most impressed me this year. Have a look at the people behind FIIL, including a Super Chinese Rock Star (Wang Feng). They were tuned by real musicians, not just audiophiles and the team has a group of experts from names like Huawei, BMW, Plantronics, Lenovo, etc. Strong know-how.

"Touch control, motion sensors, patented MAF technology & music storage make FIIL Diva Pro the most advanced headphones ever invented.

The headphone is very detailed and immersive, audiophile-grade, above average instrument separation, micro-detailing and 3D imaging, deep, tight and dynamic bass that you can "touch", with one of the best vocals I've heard at the price range (starting at $219 at kickstarter). Price should go up to $300 by November when they will be officially released. I had the privilege of having my ears on a pre-production sample and I'm trully in love by them. They're spectacular. Sonically and technologically. Keep an eye on this thread and go watch the videos and first hands-on reviews of the product for more information.

More info:

FIIL website

FIIL @ Kickstarter

Reviews:

Golden Ear Review

Inearspace Review

Tom22 Review

*Future reviews will be added here.

Sep 29, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 36
They sound quite good for ANC headphones, definitely, but imaging is not ideal. I also don't think separation is ideal. I'd also prefer tighter bass, though its bass is probably amongst the tighter in the field of ANC headphones.

Build quality is good, second only to the B&O H8.

A great value for the KS price, and a very good one even at list price or near list price.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 36
  They sound quite good for ANC headphones, definitely, but imaging is not ideal. I also don't think separation is ideal. I'd also prefer tighter bass, though its bass is probably amongst the tighter in the field of ANC headphones.

A great value for the KS price, and a very good one even at list price or near list price.

Which was the source tomscy2000? And are you talking about Diva PRO or Diva? 

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #8 of 36

Why does that matter? iPhone. Yes, iPhone doesn't support Apt-X, so it uses regular A2DP, but Apt-X isn't going to suddenly make the headphone sound amazeballs.

An "Audiophile" DAC makes the difference. Have a look at THIS "Hi-Fi" smartphone for example 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #9 of 36
An "Audiophile" DAC makes a world of a difference with the Diva PRO. That's how I've noticed that first-class instrument separation and spacial cues for the price. Have a look at THIS "Hi-Fi" smartphone for example 
regular_smile%20.gif

LOL please don't patronize me. I have plenty of experience with "audiophile DACs". You should read up on how Bluetooth transmission works; it doesn't have anything to do with the DAC inside the smartphone or any dedicated external DAC.

The BT module itself matters, as a well-designed PLL and quality oscillator will make the digital transmission less jittery, but the DAC inside the headphones is the one more responsible for the final sound, and the acoustic design itself (earcups, resonators, dampeners, etc.) along with the active DSP in the ANC circuit are just as important.

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #10 of 36
LOL please don't patronize me. I have plenty of experience with "audiophile DACs". You should read up on how Bluetooth transmission works; it doesn't have anything to do with the DAC inside the smartphone or any dedicated external DAC.

The BT module itself matters, as a well-designed PLL and quality oscillator will make the digital transmission less jittery, but the DAC inside the headphones is the one more responsible for the final sound, and the acoustic design itself (earcups, resonators, dampeners, etc.) along with the active DSP in the ANC circuit are just as important.

lol and I thought my DAC was helping.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #11 of 36
  This was one of the headphones that most impressed me this year. Have a look at the people behind FIIL, including a Super Chinese Rock Star (Wang Feng). They were tuned by real musicians, not just audiophiles and the team has a group of experts from names like Huawei, BMW, Plantronics, Lenovo, etc. Strong know-how.
More info:

FIIL website

FIIL @ Kickstarter

Hands-On Review

*Future reviews will be added here.

I just finished my review of these guys! I like them a lot!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiil-diva-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-headphones/reviews/16987

Hey Tom! How'd your listening go? Were you able to get some extended head-time with them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back