Fight Club Appreciation thread
Apr 30, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #31 of 38
Pfft, if you want a taste of primal, go live in the ghetto or something. You can often get away with intimidation and violence since many people don't trust cops. I grew up in an alpha male society, and being small, sickly, and weak was an insult. Parents beat their children to near death for doing something wrong, and kids are battle hardened by the age of 12. Suffice to say, most of them don't make it past 21, usually ending up dead or jail. And this was in present-day Massachusetts.

May 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #32 of 38
pppfffttt...the real battle is a spiritual battle. Any jackass can rob and kill. The whole movie is an illustration of broken, fallen, split man. He knows not where he is and he cannot find himself in himself or in this world. The blind leading the blind into a ditch.
The end of the movie is really the only way it can end.
What is seen is temporal, what is unseen is eternal.

May 2, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #33 of 38
Physical, mental, spiritual, they all go hand in hand. Grow up in a violent society and trust me, you spend a lot of time trying to find yourself.

May 2, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #34 of 38
I don't live in a violent society? I live in the 9th most violent city in the US. We're in this together brother. Come cruise my 'hood we ain't much different I promise you.

May 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pfft, if you want a taste of primal, go live in the ghetto or something. You can often get away with intimidation and violence since many people don't trust cops. I grew up in an alpha male society, and being small, sickly, and weak was an insult. Parents beat their children to near death for doing something wrong, and kids are battle hardened by the age of 12. Suffice to say, most of them don't make it past 21, usually ending up dead or jail. And this was in present-day Massachusetts.

I absolutely hate alpha male types. That's what I like about the internet, I can say what I like without having some alpha male threaten me with violence to shut me up. Alpha males are extremely stupid people.

May 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

I don't live in a violent society? I live in the 9th most violent city in the US. We're in this together brother. Come cruise my 'hood we ain't much different I promise you.

Didn't even look at your location.
tongue.gif

I consider the physical as important, though it may just be in my case. Sadly, my lack of physical prowess as a youth often cost me more than just blood and bruises.

Quote:

I absolutely hate alpha male types. That's what I like about the internet, I can say what I like without having some alpha male threaten me with violence to shut me up. Alpha males are extremely stupid people.

I do too, but also dislike the opposite, the puppies who bark like dogs because they can.

May 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBF3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which is why he's perfect in his role

And American History X?

May 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #38 of 38
Norton was a scary person in in X. Hard to believe he's the same guy who played a big purple rhino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back