Fight Club Appreciation thread
Apr 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Out of all the movies...there isnt one like Fight club which has affected my outlook on life.

there are tons of movies which you can adore..savour..but none of them affects your life.

no..its not about punching your boss or picking a fight with a stranger..

the fight is just a metaphor.

it teaches so much more about life...living like your were born to...not being enslaved by consumerism...working a job u hate just so you can feed your small material needs.

i saw it few weeks back only....i know this sounds lame..but i also had this prejudice that its all about fight like a rambo movie...but a friend who has a great taste recommended and i saw it.

Tyler Durden is an inspiration..you dont see his breed of men anymore.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 38
Wasn't this movie about the schizophrenic lifestyle of the modern man? The struggle of the beaten-down modern man between his city dwelling/corporate lifestyle and his inner longing to be free and do manly, adventurous things...to fight a meaningful battle for something...? It was a cool but strange movie for sure...

Was Durden really a nut or what? Opinions...?

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 38
Have not seen it but I don't think I will be a fan.
Mates of mine claim there is a deeper meaning to Green Street Hooligans as well but I never found it!
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 38

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have not seen it but I don't think I will be a fan.
Mates of mine claim there is a deeper meaning to Green Street Hooligans as well but I never found it!
tongue.gif

The Ginger Bread man children's story has deep meaning too if you analyze it closer.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your opinion. I don't necessarily disagree with you on Fight Club, but I've seen a handful (maybe 5) other movies which have added to my outlook on life equally and sometimes greater than Fight Club. Of course the amount of movies with such an impact is still very small, but I'm just saying there are others.

What are those movies?

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are those movies?

I deleted my post because I knew my post could only derail the thread.

And It's hard to say off the top of my head-- I'd have to go through my collection almost one by one and think about them and remember which ones had the greatest impact. Not something I feel like doing at the moment-- and another reason to why I deleted my post-- because I knew I couldn't give a good list right now.

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't this movie about the schizophrenic lifestyle of the modern man? The struggle of the beaten-down modern man between his city dwelling/corporate lifestyle and his inner longing to be free and do manly, adventurous things...to fight a meaningful battle for something...? It was a cool but strange movie for sure...

Was Durden really a nut or what? Opinions...?

Tyler was the manifestation of the "primal man" and a result of one mans subconscious mind that rejected the modern wage-slave lifestyle.

This movie is a deep and powerful commentary about how far from what our genes have spent thousands of yours evolving to, to what are modern lives have come. For hundreds of generations, man had been slowly becoming the worlds dominant species, by outwitting the rest of the food chain. Now many of us spend all day in a cubicle. Not really what nature had in mind, I'd say.

Look a the South American natives living in the Amazon Jungle. Those people live in harmony with nature and their communities are very close knit and social deviants are an extreme rarity.

Are they better off than us? No, not by our standards. Are they happier? As a society, most definitely, by anyone's standards.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 38
I thought the first rule of Fight Club was not to talk about Fight Club?

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i guess chuck palanuik's books are pretty good.

I read the book after I saw the film and I thought it wasn't as good.

I tell you what, it has one of the best plot twists of any film. I never expected that!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the first rule of Fight Club was not to talk about Fight Club?

It was also the second rule.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back