FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Apr 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,548 of 3,064
What makes the WT2 cable not work with the A83?

If the WT2 is a Westone cable, then there's this article explaining why they don't work with Shure connectors.
I believe the article mentioned that the Westone male connectors are a little shorter compared to the male Shures. The A83 seems to use a female adapter like the Shure version since my Shure cable connects very securely to the Fidues.

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-cables

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #1,549 of 3,064
So there's enough difference for there to be connection issues between Shure and Westone cables when used in the A83. Alright, lucky the Lunashops cable I bought was the one for Shure/UE900:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261798838271?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #1,550 of 3,064

What makes the WT2 cable not work with the A83?

Connectors used in both shure and westone standards are the same. Through the plastic body of connector on cables for westones goes too much on the connector side, so it touches the body of shure-like IEM before connector fits the socket with click. But the use of shure cables on westone IEMs is possible.
You can cut the plastic part of connector with sharp knife carefully and it will work perfectly with shures (and fidue), but it is hard to make connector look neatly after mod.
On photo: FiiO RC-WT2 on the right, you can see that connector is deeply recessed in plastic.

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,551 of 3,064
Does anyone have a comparison between the A83 and the Aurasonics ASG-1 Plus?

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #1,552 of 3,064
Alas! My fears have become reality! My left ear is dead! I just got in my new MMCX cable today and my left ear doesn't work with that one either
triportsad.gif
. And unfortunately, Michael at Fidue has gotten back to me in over a week. Does anyone know if there's some Chinese holidays going on or anything?

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,553 of 3,064
Alas! My fears have become reality! My left ear is dead! I just got in my new MMCX cable today and my left ear doesn't work with that one either :triportsad: . And unfortunately, Michael at Fidue has gotten back to me in over a week. Does anyone know if there's some Chinese holidays going on or anything?

Really sorry about that champ.

Far as I know there's no holidays in China atm? Let me shoot a PM to djvkool who's our main Fidue contact (middle man). He might have an alternative email address. But djvkool is also absent recently due to his wife having a baby.

/inside information.

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #1,554 of 3,064
Really sorry about that champ.

Far as I know there's no holidays in China atm? Let me shoot a PM to djvkool who's our main Fidue contact (middle man). He might have an alternative email address. But djvkool is also absent recently due to his wife having a baby.

/inside information.

I've contacted Michael at Fidue and he's gonna relay my message to his US contact. Hoping to get this sorted out eventually, just don't want these to be a write-off. They just sounded too good to go this way. At least I've got a good backup in the meantime. Switch back to the B3s in the meantime.

Apr 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1,555 of 3,064
I've contacted Michael at Fidue and he's gonna relay my message to his US contact. Hoping to get this sorted out eventually, just don't want these to be a write-off. They just sounded too good to go this way. At least I've got a good backup in the meantime. Switch back to the B3s in the meantime.

Ok, great, so you've made contact with Michael. I think you'll get this sorted. Goodluck with it, I know what you mean about A83's sound.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,556 of 3,064
How about sweat, and dirt, overall durability. I live in Brasil, and it is hot here, year round. Will I need to make sure sweat doesn't permeate them somehow? are they ported, so as to allow moisture inside? I keep my IEM's clean, almost anally so (big investment, big responsibility) but i need to know that the money i spend on these won't need to be spent again. Any thoughts?

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #1,557 of 3,064
Anyone thinking @Eenaii should go for the non-removable cable version that got announced recently? The connection point is always the weak point of any such IEM. It's the most susceptible to moisture and grit. It also happens to be what's failed on my set. I think the female connector has lost its connection to the drivers inside on the left ear.

As far as your moisture and vent question...the dynamic driver isn't a microdriver like the ones in the VSD3S or the SE215, so it does have a vent hole. The hole is on the inside of the shell though so it faces your ear instead of the outside world; probably isn't gonna be a problem in that sense. The faceplate is metal and it's pretty nice, the cable is also quite supple and well-relieved (though I would have preferred a right-angle jack).

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #1,558 of 3,064
  How about sweat, and dirt, overall durability. I live in Brasil, and it is hot here, year round. Will I need to make sure sweat doesn't permeate them somehow? are they ported, so as to allow moisture inside? I keep my IEM's clean, almost anally so (big investment, big responsibility) but i need to know that the money i spend on these won't need to be spent again. Any thoughts?

I live where it is hot and humid and dusty too..been using them for months and have never cleaned them yet lol, it looks like dirt does not permeate on this iems..I have only cleaned the tips..cannot see any dirt inside

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #1,559 of 3,064
  Anyone thinking @Eenaii should go for the non-removable cable version that got announced recently? The connection point is always the weak point of any such IEM. It's the most susceptible to moisture and grit. It also happens to be what's failed on my set. I think the female connector has lost its connection to the drivers inside on the left ear.

As far as your moisture and vent question...the dynamic driver isn't a microdriver like the ones in the VSD3S or the SE215, so it does have a vent hole. The hole is on the inside of the shell though so it faces your ear instead of the outside world; probably isn't gonna be a problem in that sense. The faceplate is metal and it's pretty nice, the cable is also quite supple and well-relieved (though I would have preferred a right-angle jack).

I think it isn't a micro driver inside VSD3/3S......

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #1,560 of 3,064

I live where it is hot and humid and dusty too..been using them for months and have never cleaned them yet lol, it looks like dirt does not permeate on this iems..I have only cleaned the tips..cannot see any dirt inside

yeah, that's too much to worry about vents.....cleaning silicon tips and making sure nozzle filter not clogged by ear wax is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back